[H/RP/PvE] <Shadowsteel Consortium>

So instead of writing a long, cumbersome RP scenario, let’s just start this thing off with this;

Before BfA, I wanted to start a guild. I didn’t necessary like all the military guilds around the Horde, so I dedicated to want to create a mercenary company type guild so people can have more freedom with their characters. The idea was, as mentioned, a mercenary company, dedicated to exploring the new frontiers (and old) that the Horde pushes to discover the secrets of, and put it into use for the greater glory of the faction. At least, that was the idea written down on a bar napkin in a twisted daze.

Well, for lack of anything else, the idea sort of collapsed and ended up being naught more than a vanity guild. BUT. I want to see if I can change that. I want to see if I can establish contact with bigger, more active guilds, set the guild’s name into public memory, and hire on a bunch of sellswords and adventurers out for fame, fortune, and glory for the Horde.

It’s a long shot, and considering how BfA is going so far, I would be surprised if I get people coming in that want to have at the least an active, dedicated alt into the guild. But I’m going to test the waters regardless!

That said, if you’re interested in the concept and want to see it grow, go ahead and contact me. I’m… usually on, sometimes, but it’s better if you reach me by mailbox so there’s a better chance of me getting your message and I can try and hunt you down for a talk.

2 Likes

I think this idea would work on Horde side if it were a slightly darker themed guild e.g. assassins for hire, rather than a straight up mercenary guild. The concept as it stands is kind of in competition with Deepcore Industries, which is an established mercenary guild.

That said, if you want to attract people into your ranks, it’s going to involve a lot of work for you, the GM, to write the stories that will make your members feel involved. The Fifth Pledge on Alliance side does this really well if you’re looking for ideas. I don’t think you can really rely on other guilds to create the stories or establish the guild for you, but once you have some members in your flock (which is by far the hardest step), there could be more opportunities for inter-guild conflict or cooperation.

That’s just my opinion.

1 Like

Sorry in advance for necro’ing an older thread, but this is absolutely something I would be interested in if it gains traction! Finding mercenary/assassin/subterfuge guilds on Horde has been virtually impossible for the many years I’ve been roleplaying my rogue. I’d love to see something finally come forth.

Same here. I just moved to Moon Guard but that is the exact kind of RP I’m looking for on Horde side.