[H-RP Events] Orgrimmar City Campaign

Greetings, Moon Guardians! As part of the "Let's make MG Horde better" movement, I am leading a renewed effort to bring more walk-RP to the Horde, based primarily in Orgrimmar (at least to begin with). We have listened to your feedback, and we would like to encourage more Alliance RPers to come over to Horde and try us out.

The Orgrimmar City Campaign is the tag for a series of public RP events that will be held within Orgrimmar, to foster RP and encourage people to hang about, for reasons other than visiting the Auction House or The Bank! We want to make this city feel alive, and filled with interesting people for newcomers to interact with.

Now, I know you must have a great many questions! Let me try and address a few of them.

Q. How often will events be held?
A. My goal is to have at least one event per week. Hopefully, once the idea catches on, there will be several.

Q. What sort of events will they be?
A. The scope for city RP is huge. I'm going to list a few ideas I had earlier:
- Scavenger hunts to encourage people to visit the various vendors and find unusual items, or clues to solving puzzles in hidden corners.
- Spotlight lore tutorials on different sections of the city: Valley of Wisdom, The Slums, Valley of Spirits, The Drag, Ragefire Chasm, Cleft of Shadow, even places like the zeppelin towers and Bladefist Bay. They all have history. They all have interesting residents with their own stories.
- a fishing contest in one of the cities several waterholes
- RP rallies, protesting city working life and pay, or welfare for the city's orphans
- recruitment days for various NPC organisations (not guilds), e.g. a secret meeting for the Orgrimmar branch of the Shattered Hand
- a murder mystery with a PC villain and led by a crime scene investigator
- a group of missionaries preaching to convert the city's masses to a new religion (possibly a cult)

Q. Who will be running the events?
A. The campaign is open to anyone who would like to host an RP event in Orgrimmar City. As long as you let us know, we are happy to help you promote the event. We may even be able to supply some volunteers to help run it. Personally, I will be running two guided Orgrimmar city tours, on the first and second Friday of each month. I also hold the Horde Guild Expo on the third Friday of each month. Ragtul is running a guild event in the Valley of Spirits this week. Aendys will be doing a special Orgrimmar City sermon on Nov 24. This is a great start, but we still need more event organisers!

Q. Are there any community groups associated with the project?
A. Yes! We have an in-game channel here:
/join OrgCity

We also have a World of Warcraft Community here:
5EoRxkLINpq

Remember you must be on your Horde character before you can join either of these groups! These are not designed to be neutral events.
I will also be creating a series of MG Wiki pages detailing the lore surrounding Orgrimmar City, including maps.
(Links to come)

Please use this thread to advertize any events as part of this campaign to generate more walk-up RP in Orgrimmar. Queries welcome.

Help us to make MG Horde better for everyone!
13 Likes
Orgrimmar City Campaign Event

DATE: December 7, 14 - Friday
TITLE: [H] ORGRIMMAR CITY TOUR
TIME/LOCATION: 9pm - Orgrimmar Gates
TYPE: Tour, History, Lore

Tour #1 - A Political Journey
Join us as well stroll about the main buildings in Orgrimmar and talk about some of the most important figures in the history of the Horde. Route: Grommash Hold, Hall of Legends, Orgrimmar Embassy, Goblin Slums, Valley of Spirits, Zeppelin Towers, and Western Earth Shrine.
https://i.imgur.com/n6ZgIWd.png

Tour #2 - Orgrimmar Tavern Crawl
A tour around some of Orgrimmar's well-known bars, as well as a visit to some of the more secret and hidden spots. Route: The Broken Tusk, The Drag, The Wyvern's Tail, Hall of the Brave, Pandaren Shrine, Hunter's Hall, and finally Brawl'gar Arena.
https://i.imgur.com/VkwtydT.png

Tour #3 - Nature and Fel
(Depending on how these go, I may add a third tour detailing the Cleft of Shadow and Valley of Wisdom.)

Note: These are guild WALKING tours. Please do not ride mounts while you are attending this event.
2 Likes
Looks like fun and a great step forward!
Sounds great! Thanks Flywheel.
Make sure to include the alliance peeps running around ganking in the city xd
11/11/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Juliuss
Make sure to include the alliance peeps running around ganking in the city xd

We can send their corpses invites!

A great idea!

Dark Ranger RPers to secret police when.

1 Like

This sounds very interesting. I just moved my Warrior to MG from WrA and have been enjoying playing him a lot. More RP would be good, since I didn’t want to stay on WrA and couldn’t find any other server with things going on.

No…We don’t need anymore Secret Police again!

Sounds like you need your mind adjusted. Either by Val’kyr or using the inherent racial ability of Tauren in current writing you’ll be a good whipped forsaken cow!

(Secret police thing is a joke)

My main problem with Horde has always been the lack of city RP.
I always am in favor of these types of events. I hate when RP (happens a lot of Alliance too) is just jumbo military bros doing jumbo military bro things. Slice of life is important, and it gives the military a lot more meaning in contrast too.

I will definitely attend on Zizee. My goblin. (You didn’t hear I had one. Don’t tell anyone.)

3 Likes

Fabulous! I look forward to meeting Zizee!

I started making a website for the Org City campaign yesterday. I want it to be a fancy community that people belong to, with links to lots of character profiles, and where they fit in the scheme of things.

With Kacey taking over the calendar, I have more time to devote to this, but it’s quite a daunting project!

If anyone has a wiki page for their Horde character, could you please link it here, so I can put it on the website?

Here are some examples:
https://moon-guard.wikia.com/wiki/Kheddar_Fizknob
https://moon-guard.wikia.com/wiki/Aethas_Sunreaver

There are lots of wiki character pages already up, but I’m not sure which ones are currently active.

3 Likes

Hello Flywheel! I absolutely love helping out on the MG Wiki and try to help promote it when I can. While I have several pages on it, I’ll just link Moranai’s wiki page as she’s my main Horde Character!

https://moon-guard.wikia.com/wiki/Moranai_Sunstrike

1 Like

Fabulous. Thanks Moranai! Sooooo much work and detail into your page. Far out!

LATEST NEWS!
I’ve been working hard to get a website underway for this. It’s bare bones at the moment, but everyone is more than welcome to come and check it out!

https://orgcity.shivtr.com/

I’ve posted a link to Moranai’s wiki page on there, as well as a few other names I recognised. I’d like to keep it current for active Horde roleplayers.

EDIT#2

I’ve just finished writing up the first of my tours and you guys are going to love it!

However, I do need to say that we will be starting on time at 9pm on the dot! If you’re not at the Front Gates by then, we will be starting without you.

But, that’s nothing unusual right? People have schedules and stuff!

6 Likes

Looking forward to next part.

1 Like

Very excited for this! Yay!

1 Like

The first Orgrimmar City Tour entitled “A Political Journey” is coming up this Friday 7 December, at 9pm server time! Meet at the Orgrimmar Front Gates.

Event poster here:
https://i.imgur.com/9nctQMg.png

1 Like

I hope to attend! (Provided my wife don’t have other plans.)

1 Like

Orgrimmar City Tour - A Political Journey, starting in 1 hour at Orgrimmar Front Gates.Tag along and be shown the sites. No RP experience necessary!

1 Like