[H-N-RP] The Grey Militia

A flyer is posted among many on various recruitment boards in Orgrimmar. It reads:

“Men and women of the Horde. Discharged soldiers longing for duty. Forlorne members of various neutral factions seeking purpose for the betterment of Azeroth.

I, Elaji Roothide of the Argent Crusade, hereby is forming a militia for those yearning to become what it means to be a true soldier. What it means to help our dying planet. And to see past the prejudices of questionable honor.

The Grey Militia seeks you. We will form a band together that helps fend off the evils and the enemies of our planet. We fight for those that cannot. Seek me out in Orgrimmar and walk with honor once again.”

OOC

Hello! I’m starting a d20 light military styled RP that is focused on LATE NIGHT hours. Yes, we’re going to be a latenight guild helping those that miss out on RP during the day and early evening due to IRL obligations.

FAQ:

Q: What is the Grey Militia?
A: The Grey militia is a neutral organization of like-minded individuals that seek a greater purpose to help the denizens of Azeroth of all kinds. Whether it be fending off enemies that threaten the land or civilization, lending aid to those less fortunate, or to protect vital resources that could use our help. We cooperate with the Argent Crusade, the Cenarion Circle, and the Earthen Ring to lead us in tasks as a supporting role. While we may recruit members of the Horde and Alliance, we are -not- to dedicate any motives that would contribute to the faction war. There may be instances where we help either faction, but only in circumstances where an enemy of the world is a threat.

Q: What kind of guild are we?
A: We are mainly a heavy RP guild that helps to include individuals available at odd/latenight times, roughly starting around the 9PM server time hour. Our main focus is RP, but once we have a large enough interest we may have OOC nights of mog runs or games and what not. We use a d20 rolling system for our events. We are also an 18+ guild as some themes might include graphic violence and dark themes.

Q: What combat system will we use?
A: Right now we plan to use a lightly modified d20 system where each character has a sheet containing positive and negative traits that help suit their strengths/weaknesses. There will also be special traits one can activate that may turn the tide of battle in a crucial moment, or pull you out of a pinch!

Q: What are events like?
A: Events start at 9pm server time (12AM EST) due to officer availability. We have a bi-weekly interchanging event week to allow flexibility for participation. Event week days are:
Wednesday & Friday
Tuesday & Thursday

We have a quest-board system for the guild with varied types of missions that people vote on which to partake in that will reward certain temporary buffs for their character on the next event!

Q: What will the ranks be?
A: The ranks are as follows, top being the highest rank and decreasing upon descending:

Officer Ranks:
Commander (GM or Co-GM)
Captain (Officer)

Non-Officer Ranks:
Lieutenant
Sergeant
Vanguard
Private
Initiate
OOC/Civilian

Find me in game character name Larathen (IC name Elaji Roothide) for more information!

Yes, there is a discord too.

2 Likes

Dang it’s a shame, but it’s not quite late enough for me xD I don’t finish work until around 4pm AEST, which translates to 11pm PST! Still, I’m happy to see a late night guild flourish, especially one with such an awesome concept! Good luck with it!

1 Like

Guild tag is acquired. How fancy! Thank you everyone, but we still need more honorable members! Come meet us by the Wyverns Tail tonight at around 9PM server!