[H] Illidan 8/10M Looking for more

All raid spots are competitive and we’re always looking for strong, motivated & experienced players of all classes/specs.

<Fathom> 8/10M formerly <Late Shift> 12/12M is a Semi-Hardcore raiding guild located on US-Illidan who’s main focus is Cutting Edge on a two day (6hr/week) schedule. We raid Tues/Wed from 11pm-2am CT. We do not recruit for the bench. If we are trialing you it is for the core raid team. We maintain a roster of a minimum of 25 players in order to flex the comp to the needs of the encounter, cover post outs & DCs. Being part of the raid team comes with the understanding that you will sit from time to time for all the various reasons that come with being part of a mythic raiding guild.

Our Expectations:
-Know your class/main spec thoroughly along with knowing its role and general performance in the current encounter(s). Keep your character relevant & up to date by doing the necessary work outside or raids, e.g: filling your Vault, running Torghast & The Maw etc. Being able to flex to your off-spec is a huge plus but not required.

-Come prepared with a good knowledge of the fights, be able to maintain a high level of performance throughout raid while identifying & correcting your mistakes quickly on the fly.

-Post out well ahead of time. We’re all adults and have real lives outside of the game. With that being said, you “should” know ahead of time when you have obligations that will interfere with the raid schedule. We expect non-emergency post outs to be done two weeks ahead of time. Trials are required to have 100% attendance during their trial period.

-If you are on Standby you need to be available/reachable for the entire raid. You don’t have to sit outside the instance but you MUST be able to be reached and brought in quickly if needed.

-A “team first” mindset.

What you can expect.
-Strong, driven, adult leadership with the experience of leading raiding guilds since vanilla who are dedicated to the advancement & betterment of the guild as a whole.

-Communication and as much transparency as possible from said leadership.

-A solid, talented & competitive guild community willing to help achieve the guilds and each others personal goals.

-An active M+ community with players pushing close to 2500io all the way down to those who prefer a more casual approach just doing enough to fill their vaults.

-And a “team first” mindset.

If you feel that you will fit in and become an asset to the raid team/guild feel free to reach out through Bnet or complete a short app in our discord. We do not cross realm trial. If you are applying in the first place you should have confidence that you will succeed here and be willing to make the commitment of a server transfer.

Contacts: Bloodheavy#1515, Snappledrank#1530, Strouk#11920

2 Likes

Ingredients:

• 2 x 400g beef fillets
  • Olive oil, for frying
  • 500g mixture of wild mushrooms, cleaned
  • 1 thyme sprig, leaves only
  • 500g puff pastry
  • 8 slices of Parma ham
  • 2 egg yolks, beaten with 1 tbsp water and a pinch of salt
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

For the red wine sauce

• 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 200g beef trimmings (ask the butcher to reserve these when trimming the fillet)
  • 4 large shallots, peeled and sliced
  • 12 black peppercorns
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 thyme sprig
  • Splash of red wine vinegar
  • 1 x 750ml bottle red wine
  • 750ml beef stock
  1. Wrap each piece of beef tightly in a triple layer of cling film to set its shape, then chill overnight.

2. Remove the cling film, then quickly sear the beef fillets in a hot pan with a little olive oil for 30-60 seconds until browned all over and rare in the middle. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.

3. Finely chop the mushrooms and fry in a hot pan with a little olive oil, the thyme leaves and some seasoning. When the mushrooms begin to release their juices, continue to cook over a high heat for about 10 minutes until all the excess moisture has evaporated and you are left with a mushroom paste (known as a duxelle). Remove the duxelle from the pan and leave to cool.

4. Cut the pastry in half, place on a lightly floured surface and roll each piece into a rectangle large enough to envelop one of the beef fillets. Chill in the refrigerator.

5. Lay a large sheet of cling film on a work surface and place 4 slices of Parma ham in the middle, overlapping them slightly, to create a square. Spread half the duxelle evenly over the ham.

6. Season the beef fillets, then place them on top of the mushroom-covered ham. Using the cling film, roll the Parma ham over the beef, then roll and tie the cling film to get a nice, evenly thick log. Repeat this step with the other beef fillet, then chill for at least 30 minutes.

7. Brush the pastry with the egg wash. Remove the cling film from the beef, then wrap the pastry around each ham-wrapped fillet. Trim the pastry and brush all over with the egg wash. Cover with cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes.

8. Meanwhile, make the red wine sauce. Heat the oil in a large pan, then fry the beef trimmings for a few minutes until browned on all sides. Stir in the shallots with the peppercorns, bay and thyme and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the shallots turn golden brown.

9. Pour in the vinegar and let it bubble for a few minutes until almost dry. Now add the wine and boil until almost completely reduced. Add the stock and bring to the boil again. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 1 hour, removing any scum from the surface of the sauce, until you have the desired consistency. Strain the liquid through a fine sieve lined with muslin. Check for seasoning and set aside.

10. When you are ready to cook the beef wellingtons, score the pastry lightly and brush with the egg wash again, then bake at 200°C/Gas 6 for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and cooked. Rest for 10 minutes before carving.

11. Meanwhile, reheat the sauce. Serve the beef wellingtons sliced, with the sauce as an accompaniment.

I’ll have a number 4 with a large diet Coke.

hen I was a young boy
My father took me into the city
To see a marching band

He said, “Son, when you grow up
Would you be the savior of the broken
The beaten and the damned?”

He said, “Will you defeat them?
Your demons, and all the non-believers
The plans that they have made?”

“Because one day, I’ll leave you a phantom
To lead you in the summer
To join the black parade”

When I was a young boy
My father took me into the city
To see a marching band

He said, “Son, when you grow up
Would you be the savior of the broken
The beaten and the damned?”

Sometimes I get the feelin’
She’s watchin’ over me
And other times I feel like I should go
And through it all, the rise and fall
The bodies in the streets
And when you’re gone, we want you all to know

Just bumpin this back up to the top. Ya know?

You spin me right 'round, baby
Right 'round like a record, baby

Right 'round, 'round, 'round

If I, I get to know your name
Well I could trace

Your private number, baby
All I know is that to me
You look like you’re lots of fun
Open up your lovin’ arms

I want some, want some
I’ve set my sights on you
(Like no one else will do)
And I, I’ve got to have
My way now, baby
All I know is that to me

You look like you’re havin’ fun
Open up your lovin’ arms

Watch out, here I come

To the moon alice.

boom high five!

still looking for peeps.

Could really use a lock.

Warlocks that is.

still looking, Locks, Priests & HPallies oh my!

Warlocks Priests and Holy Pallies too!

still here, still looking

Bring those apps!

SLG at 3%… /sigh

Still here, still looking.

To the top with ya!

Looking for more.