[H] How is RP on MG Horde Side?

Hey there,

I am usually a big RP’r on the Alliance side of MG. I have a few Horde on WRA…however, as of late I am struggling to find enjoyment on the Horde side of WRA. How is the community on MG? Are there active guilds?

Thanks for any advice!

Hi Conadrin!

Don’t wanna bog ya down but here’s a few links that might be helpful.

First a list of guilds and some have responded to the survey to provide more in-depth details

If you want some events to meet -n- greet here’s your chance

Finally Jabtrah’s great discord compendium where I highly recommend both
AHRSG: Alliance to Horde Re-roll Support Group : discord.gg/SmRpCfS
The Unified Horde (Horde Hub) : discord.gg/TFhwrxg

but here’s the entire thread for your consideration

A lot to take in but hope it helps!
Remember - can’t go wrong going gob. :clap::moneybag:

1 Like

I need to update the MG Horde calendar of events. Sorry I’ve been busy with RL stuff! This weekend, hopefully.

If anyone has created a new Horde guild recently please let us know! We are particularly interested in any new RP guilds (there are a number of newish raid guilds, but they generally seem to keep to themselves).

The Alliance to Horde Re-roll Support Group (AHRSG) is still going - discord link here:
discord.gg/SmRpCfS

MG Horde has been growing, very slowly but steadily. The walk-up population is generally only around in peak hours, nightly between 6-10pm at the Wyvern’s Tail. Outside of that, you’ll be looking for public and guild events at other locations. We are low drama, very friendly, and full of quality roleplayers, but our population is still much smaller than Alliance MG or Horde WrA.

But anyone that comes over can help us to change that! Horde, this is our chance to shine! Keep fighting and help us to grow.

(Note: Hercula=Flywheel, I recently changed mains.)

2 Likes

I have a few friends on btag who went Horde after maining Alliance for a long time. I need to make a horde character and see how it is. c:

2 Likes

Thanks, boss lady.
Knew you’d have the deets for the fella.

The reroll support group is a fantastic resource for new/newer arrivals to the Horde. Y’all need to check it out. Get care packages and get situated.

2 Likes

No, thank you Kwixit! You are a gem to the Horde and can come hang with us anytime. <3

1 Like

I’d say it’s on the rise. Typically forum conjecture tends to paint it as more populated than reality, however from experience - even people who I know that have 0 intention on RPing Hordeside and are only leveling out of BFA boredom - echo the sentiments that it’s been more populated than its been in years.

Can’t tell you the exact state, but the population is increasing.

1 Like

I will say the main difference between MG Horde and WRA Horde is just the walk-up RP. There are huge guilds on MG Horde if you know where to look, but SMC is a ghost town on MG and Orgrimmar is only active during specific hours. I would argue it is for the best, considering how simply sitting in Orgrimmar on WRA during any hour can be uncomfortable. And SMC on WRA is so wonky with how many people are on and at specific times, it’s hard to tell (this is coming from a WRA Horde main since Cata btw)

So I think if MG Horde can have some activity in SMC and Orgrimmar for walk-ups, it would definitely gather so much more attention than anyone can imagine. There are so many people thirsting for more interaction on MG’s Horde. Gods know I am!

Heck I am willing to just shove all of my old guild ideas to anyone that wants them with the google docs and graphic and all, if only to try and help get more interest in it :hugs:

3 Likes

The RP is fantastic, in my opinion. I’ve been on Horde side for little over two months now and I’ve loved every second of it.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for all the positive comments regarding the MG Horde RP scene! We are improving all the time and the more people that help to foster the community and encourage new guilds and more walk-up, the better we will become. Keep it up, guys!

3 Likes

I could see the logic in saying pre-character server restrictions that MG for alliance, WRA for horde would be the normal thing. Now that you can have all 50 of your characters on one server if you so wish though, I’d always recommend MG. I just love the server culture here so much more than WRA, and I’d love it if got built up.

I’m eventually planning on getting this character to 120 and doing all my horde stuff here on MG. I think it’ll really be worth it.

4 Likes

I used to be a WRA shill as I was there since WotLK until a week ago for RP (I tried other endeavors like a cultist guild on MG without ever leaving one spot and raid but never fully committed to it until now).

So far I can confirm with what little interactions i’ve had here on MG, people are treated better and more fair than WRA. They each have their pros and cons but as far as community goes, MG’s Horde has a better head on it shoulders during BFA. I cannot say for the past expacs because I was never really here for them, but for BFA so far, I can honestly say there’s a more positive attitude in this moment.

3 Likes

Thank you for bringing your own! Hope your guild and community flourishes.

You’ve been hustlin’ and this gobo gives ya mad props.

2 Likes