Guys calm down! 2nd edition

Please not sharding, one of the worst things to ever plague WoW.

"People are complaining about not seeing people out in the world, so we decided to make it even more empty."

Seriously, you are going to scare off and burn a lot of bridges with anything that messes with the world or community. Sharding stabs both of these in the gut.
11/02/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Rözen
11/02/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Thathotgirl
Don't calm down, let them know what we want.

#nosharding

#nochanges

Blue post from the previous thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769548630#post-15

Ohh and I was saying to calm down originally about the demo... that was before Lore came on and blew up my post. I certainly will not be calm about those kinds of changes.
If I might be so bold, I'd recommend changing the title of your original post if you can, probably save you a number of pointless replies aimed your way.

Edit: Also please request an extension to the original thread.
11/02/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Velkyria

That's a change though. What happened to #NoChanges? Oh, we only like Changes that private servers make because we sucked it up and got used to it? Go figure.

Going by the demo today #NoChanges is already out of the window, i would prefer higher pop and queues over realm sharding.
Maybe they can bring the Nost guys in to fix it so it really is like vanilla ?
This is depressing...
No. Sharding.
11/02/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Velkyria

That's a change though. What happened to #NoChanges? Oh, we only like Changes that private servers make because we sucked it up and got used to it? Go figure.

Going by the demo today #NoChanges is already out of the window.

So it's only changes you've personally experienced in private servers that are allowed and not a different solution? Got it.
This is pathetic, Bliz.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Going by the demo today #NoChanges is already out of the window.

So it's only changes you've personally experienced in private servers that are allowed and not a different solution? Got it.

First solution of having more realms and merging them if population drops is the most preferable option for me personally. The other option of higher pop but less realms is if they wan't to avoid realm merging. Both of them beat the solution of realm sharding, the change you're trying to defend since they both have less impact imo over realm sharding.
11/02/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Clasicislife
They didn't listen to the Vanilla community for ten years. And they're not listening still.

Because raging manchildren who have no concept of how server technology works aren't a good candidate for people to listen to.
You literally had one job to do Blizzard. Please stop making something that the community doesn't want.
11/02/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Nombies
11/02/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Rözen

Ohh and I was saying to calm down originally about the demo... that was before Lore came on and blew up my post. I certainly will not be calm about those kinds of changes.
If I might be so bold, I'd recommend changing the title of your original post if you can, probably save you a number of pointless replies aimed your way.

Edit: Also please request an extension to the original thread.

I can't seem to do that. I can't do anything with it. I think only the mods can do something about it.

Let's get an extension on the original post!
11/02/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Dankhunter
11/02/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Clasicislife
They didn't listen to the Vanilla community for ten years. And they're not listening still.

Because raging manchildren who have no concept of how server technology works aren't a good candidate for people to listen to.

Server tech don't mean squat if they're going to set things up where people can jump around phases/realms/etc and be jerks in the name of "server tech". Get it right or scrap it now.
The server community is the rock on which Vanilla was built. No Sharding Please!
I remember a server we will call FM, Blizzard will know which one, it was only up for 15 minutes before Blizzard shut it down. It was a highly anticipated server and there were at least 200 people in the BE starting area. It was amazing, seeing so many people, being confident in the server population, just thinking what was ahead of all of us, very exciting. Know what people did to get the quests done in a crowded area? They made groups! Just to kill little lvl 1 baby mana worms. I remember the 15 minutes of that launch better than I do the launch of BFA, where you can't even get a hello from someone else. It was the same on LH in the undead area, my friend and I made a group and we ended up leveling far together and doing dungeons. What's the best way to get a group for Hogger? Look around you! Invite the randos, make friends! Oh wait, you're sharded and theres 2 people. That guy who killed a mob and saved you at lvl 6 who you're unspokenly super chill with? He's at Hogger too, in a different shard, and you might not ever see him again.

I can't believe how Blizzard treats the social aspect of this game like it's nothing. My group of friends from 10 years ago is still tight today. People get married from meeting on this game. Yet they treat just seeing each other like a joke even though it's one of the most important aspects of meeting someone.

https://www.businessinsider.com/things-that-help-people-make-new-friends-2014-12
• Proximity: You're around each other regularly.

• Unplanned interactions: You see each other even without putting an appointment on a calendar.

• Privacy: You're in a space where you can exchange confidences.

Sharding effects 2 of those cases, and after playing on those basement servers it has been very obvious to me. Are you guys going to make Warcraft an MMO again or not?

I will admit I'm particularly triggered, sharding has played a huge roll in destroying the social aspect of my server, and I'm sure everyone else's.
I really wish there was a way that the player base could have some leverage over Blizzard and sink this one in. I know that we have our subs and micro transactions but it's impossible to guide that. I am all ears.

And it was basically years until we got a post on this forum from a Blue and it just makes me wonder if this was just placed on a back shelf somewhere and forgotten.

I would think that with as much attention that Vanilla has gathered over the past years; e.g. Blizzcon events, in-game events, anniversary events, etc., that this would have been handled with some honest level of seriousness.

Players are looking for a true, authentic, raw Vanilla experience. I mean this is a huge sack of $$$ for Blizz if they even wanted to follow it with a mandatory sub. It's a win-win in my eyes. Re-release an old game, already developed, unstained and new, then rake in the cash, if they so pleased.

But it is simple. Vanilla WoW, as is. That's it. Blizzard could really pull a 180 with this, and it truly is easy.

Just... unadulterated... original... WoW.

And for God's sake... Please get some mods in here to talk to us? I could really see some steady chat helping to settle the flames.
11/02/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Chandler

First solution of having more realms and merging them if population drops is the most preferable option for me personally. The other option of higher pop but less realms is if they wan't to avoid realm merging. Both of them beat the solution of realm sharding, the change you're trying to defend since they both have less impact imo over realm sharding.

The first option is not true to Classic, though. And it also kills community. You build up a core group of friends you play with in your small little server and suddenly you are thrusted into a bigger megaserver once the initial wave is over? You know for a fact people will !@#$% to all hell.

Second option (sharding) allows them to keep zone populations more true to how it was in Classic. A few hundred, maybe reaching close to a thousand, was quite normal. 3k+? 10k+? Not at all.

The third option (dynamic spawning) will still bottleneck people. Just think about Hogger. There will be 2-3k humans (as they are the best Warriors, Rogues, and DPS Priests) so even if Hogger had an instant respawn rate it would take forever for you to fight for that tag (and yes, people will get to Hogger at different intervals, but this sort of bottlenecking is bad for the game and is not authentic to the experience).

The only option that keeps it authentic to the actual way it was is Sharding. It's like no one experienced Cata launch with almost thirteen million people playing.
https://clips.twitch.tv/UnusualComfortableStrawberryKappa

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstemiousRamshackleDogeBloodTrail?tt_medium=clips&tt_content=recommendation

HE LOSES A COPPER VEIN!!!
Who's more upset right now? The Classic community or the Diablo community? =cP
Darn, i didn't reply to the other thread. I guess this is the feeling of making it to a great expansion late. I have an idea for a name though....

World of Calm Down - The Burning Shard.