Guys calm down! 2nd edition

Original thread was extended, gogo -------> https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769548630#post-15
Requesting an extension on the original thread from a mod please.

Thanks!

Edit: Thanks for making this one though OP. Just hoping the original can get a sticky and continuation so it isn't lost.

Edit 2: Looks like they extended the other thread. Thanks!
Sharding is the beginning of problems. Not even touches the surface.
Posting reference link because that thread blew up big time.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769548630
Whoa! Stealing my post! Not cool bro! jk i don't mind.
+1 more for no sharding
"Vanilla means vanilla"

orly?

#nosharding
..How painfully out of touch do you have to be to think sharding - in a game where - hold on - in a game where having a cohesive community is important? The servers were LITERALLY capped at 2.5k or so back in the day because guess what? It allowed and promoted player interaction - sharding turns people in to ghosts you never get to know, never meet and never really interact with on any meaningful level.

WHY. DON'T. YOU. UNDERSTAND. THIS? HELLO? HELLO? EARTH TO BLIZZARD!

A bunch of RUSSIANS IN THEIR BASEMENT can do this but a multi-billion dollar company can't? Hire someone that understands vanilla and let him over see the project - someone that understands the fundamental basics and the core ethos of the old games philosophy. Who made the call for this decision? Bobby Kotick?

ALLEN ADHAM, ARE YOU THERE? THEY'RE KILLING YOUR BABY BEFORE IT'S EVEN BORN.
11/02/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Thathotgirl
Don't calm down, let them know what we want.

#nosharding

#nochanges

Blue post from the previous thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769548630#post-15

Ohh and I was saying to calm down originally about the demo... that was before Lore came on and blew up my post. I certainly will not be calm about those kinds of changes.
your options are:
- low pop caps and merge servers later, which will "make classic DOA"
- shard the starting zones, which will "make classic DOA"
- dynamic respawns, which isn't vanilla blizzlike and will "make classic DOA"

OMEGALUL entitled Purists.
/agree

They didn't listen to the Vanilla community for ten years. And they're not listening still.

#NoFreakingSharding
pls no shard
11/02/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Velkyria
your options are:

OMEGALUL, every heard of server merges???

From seeing your posts in the last thread it's so obvious that you don't have a clue what you are talking about. If you want to voice you opinion and debate your points, please at least be knowledgeable in your argument.
Friends don't let friends shard. Plz no shard. k thx bye
your options are:

Who said anything other than the second option makes classic DOA, the third option along with increased pop is a solution adopted by most private servers and is probably the best solution unless we wan't to avoid high pop realms then it has to be the first solution.
11/02/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Summerayné
every heard of server merges???

That isn't blizzlike at all! Server merges have killed community!

11/02/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Chandler
the third option along with increased pop is a solution adopted by most private servers.

That's a change though. What happened to #NoChanges? Oh, we only like Changes that private servers make because we sucked it up and got used to it? Go figure.
your options are:

Not my problem if Blizzard doesn't want a steady sub from me. No sharding, no cross realm outside of BGs, no phasing. Get it right on release or just let the private servers do the job at this point and offer them consulting to fix up the bugs they have. Seriously, get over the tech that effectively killed the communities in the game and turned it in to a cross realm jerk fest.
I'm going to wait until tomorrow after the WoW Classic panel to judge the state of the project, most of the problems in the demo could be because it is a very early build, but the sharding shouldn't exist in the final product, seriously, even if that means that we have to spend 5 hours to reach level 5 the launch day.
“You think you do, but you don’t”

“Classic means classic”

If classic launches with sharding, then you can kiss my $$ goodbye blizzard. Don’t forget that there are private servers out there that don’t operate under western law and will be able to provide the players with what they want.

We don’t want frankenwow. If you can’t provide us with a true classic experience, then somebody else will. Stop being arrogant and start listening to the players.
#NoSharding