Guys, are there any guilds here that actually let Tankadins tank?

Ever since coming here from Herod, I’ve found that many here seem to be exceptionally hostile towards Tankadins in raids tanking anything other than trash or adds. In the Tankadin theorycrafting Discord, there are Tankadins on some servers who tank bosses all the time, and without issue.

Are there any Tankadins here whose guilds let them tank bosses? Before anyone asks, no, I am not looking for a new guild. I am willing to give these guys a chance before walking away. I am just curious to hear if other Tankadins here are in the same boat I am.

Not horde-side, sorry…

2 Likes

Check that, the RL of my new guild (NOT BlackHand, we parted on good terms, and my forum guild tag is slow to update) is a self-righteous buffoon who is stuck in the 2005 way of doing things, and he sent me a PM in Discord expressing as much. So as of now, yes, I am looking for a new guild.

EDIT: Check that, just got picked up by a straight talking officer from Bag Space who was upfront with me about what exactly I would be doing, and gave me his word that I would never be asked to respec PvE Holy. I have good feelings about this guy and this guild.

All the best. But tbh prot is a bit of a memespec. I know you can make it work but paladin tanking can be pretty meh since they literally have no taunt.

True, we don’t have a proper taunt, but we do have 190% threat generation on all of our spells, and we also have GBoK, which does 114 threat on a single target for each person hit by it per cast, and for only 150 mana. Tankadins I talk to on other servers regularly use this trick to Pallytank Firemaw, and there’s a video on YouTube of Holyfrog doing it, and yes, it resulted in a kill.

In either event, I’m in a good guild now with an RL who’s parents weren’t raped, tortured, and beheaded by a Tankadin. In exchange for me agreeing to spec 20/31/0 to offheal when not Tanking (we are a bit short on hpallies atm), they agreed to give me some time Tanking bosses. Plus, they promised to never ask me to spec Holy.

All in all, things are looking up, and Geofram the Pold looks forward to brotecting Bag Space in MC and BWL.

Kives will be trying to tank Molten Core for us in the next few weeks just to see how it goes. Would be really funny to see some crazy dps from prot pally on Garr or something with mad HPS being put onto him

Yeah, I missed my guild’s Ony/MC this week, so I had to PuG it. Next week, I hope to be doing something similar.

prot paladins are viable off tanks for most content, including zg that is upcoming april 10th. This server is full of ex wrath dad elitists, and private server blowhards that forgot this game is 15 years old, and back then i was 25 manning mc with lvl 58 healers. Good luck man I hope you are treated with the dignity you deserve.

Thanks man, I appreciate the sentiment. As it turns out, AXIS already had a Tankadin long before I joined, so it looks like I will be looking for a new guild. Oh well, at least we will part on good terms.

and the meme continues…

1 Like