Guy told me

This guy told me i should be doing plus 10’s every week. I don’t feel comfortable tho. I know how to fight ppl in arena but i donno a fking thing about mythic plus. I feel its easy to say just do one, but i’ve had troubles with random 5’s and people telling me to delete my toon etc… how, without friends and raider addons do i find people to take me? Im actually afraid of doing one. . Help, advise

6 Likes

Start off in lower keys. Pug into +2-5s. Add the helpful people you meet along the way to your friends list until you can start forming your own group to push your own key. In no time at all you’ll be able to easily get a group together to time 10s.

7 Likes

There’s only one way to do it with pugs - the way you dislike. With addons and stuff. Also making your own group for your own key would be easier even as dps (takes time to find tank, but still sometimes faster than trying to join others without good score). You just pick people with good score and hope they are not unhinged and wont leave after first mistake

1 Like

Why do you care what “this guy” is saying you should be doing?
You should be doing what you want to do.
If you don’t want to do 10+s every week, then dont.

Pretty easy IMO.
Do lower keys if you like. Dont do any keys if you like.

9 Likes

There is no reason to do them, today.

Even people doing mythics, or raiding, say best in slot benthic whatever is better than what they can get.

If you don’t want to do that stuff, just farm mana pearls and play the lottery until you get some great piece. Then farm more to build up those pieces.

Don’t do some “mythic” thing you don’t even want to do, because some guy says that is what you should do. This isn’t Vanilla Wow/Classic, rather it is today’s game where there are lots of choices for any playstyle.

2 Likes

I care because i feel obligated to stay competitive. I plused 1 to everyone, this helps me honestly, i donno why im afraid but i am. I literally shake while doing mythic plus.

5 Likes

The best thing you can do is actually try to make friends, or use the systems available to you. There is no “I win” button for finding groups that’ll make it so people just take you regardless of anything, especially when they have a key you wanna do on time. At that point, you may as well wind up signing up for every key and just hoping some random says: “Screw it” and takes you.

Try to acclimate. Either install raider io, or seek people with like minded ideas and goals and try to achieve something with them.

Edit: Hell, start with this thread. State your availability, willingness to learn and adapt, etc.

1 Like

You dont need to stay competitive. Sure, you’ll likely get some good gear from higher keys… But you dont have to push to 10+ if you dont want to.
Stick with some of the smaller ones. Make some friends and enjoy yourself while doing the smaller ones. Eventually work your way higher if you feel like it at your own pace.

1 Like

I mainly do pvp and feel outside of my element when it comes to gearing, thanks for your input it puts me at ease in a way. It might seem weird but i needed passive responses to help me try.

1 Like

I’m in a similar rut. I want the loot from m+ but I haven’t played it really at all so I don’t even know where to start. I’d probably be so trash at it. I tried running my own group but it ended so poorly that I haven’t tried again since.

And there’s no way I’m paying some randoms gold for a carry.

If the fear is from not being perfect through the dungeon, I have been there. Things that has helped me was starting low and getting used to the layout and flow of the dungeons. Try not to let failure effect you.

Course, the only reason you would HAVE to do them is if the essence is BiS for PvP. Or M+ gear is higher than anythiing you’ll get from Pvp. Not sure the rewards as I’ve only dabbled in it.

1 Like

Oh Darling, I am telling you to fetch me a cocktail(sips a little wine) now my advice…play the game however you want and don’t listen to “this guy”

4 Likes

I think a lot of PvPers feel as you do. I think, by its nature, PvP is a solo oriented activity. I got into it to avoid guild drama and begging for groups when I started (before LFD), and I became more dependent on myself.

But, Raist, MMOs… blah blah. They cultivated players to play that way and, when you’re trying to coordinate your team it’s very much an MMO activity. Problem is the “my way” philosophy that we’ve seen in the face of those earlier limitations and their effect on the population.

PvE isn’t so bad. Read up on the dungeons if you’re uncomfortable. Put the tank on focus, follow them and target off of them. If you take aggro run them to the tank. Research your rotation, get addons to tell you when to move, and progress through lower keys until you feel comfortable.

1 Like

You should be doing and playing how you want…

1 Like

The pieces in question are only best in slot if you’re in Nazjatar or Eternal Palace.

You want to do a +10 every week because the weekly titan residuum is the most practical way to get 445 azerite armor for the large majority of people. Unless you’re 2100+ rating or raiding Mythic EP there is no other way to get it.

1 Like

You don’t need to.
Some of M+ players never fight in arena and have no idea about PVP.
PVE is PVE and PVP is PVP. Do what you like to do.
If you think Blizzard forces you to do it, just say no to nonsense.

If someone told me I had to do mythic plus for something I’d tell them to kick rocks. I’d sooner try to become a mythic raider than indulge in what I think is the most unfun part of the current game.

1 Like

Add me on bnet: Caféaulait#1536. I’ll help by tanking keys.

2 Likes

He is telling you this because not only does mythic 10s drop 430 gear, at the end of the week the chest drops 440 gear. I understand mythic plus can be intimidating but if you want to stay competitive then work your way towards it. Start with lower keys until you get the feel for mythic+. Benthic gear is only bis if you are going to solely focus on raid. Outside of that the gear you can get from the weekly chest and dungeons is very good.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with adventuring into PvE, it’s just trying some other aspects of the game you paid for.

I do everything, from pet battles, collections, raiding, arena, RBG, m+, etc etc. It’s much more interesting that way.

Now to find RP on oceanic…