Gun/Bow enchant illusions

Hunters are left out on collections of enchant transmogs, it’s weird and lazy by developers.
In edition why is the gun rapid fire still shooting red arrows out of the gun lol.

2 Likes

How is it weird when Hunter couldn’t even use weapon enchants until recently?

In general all major weapons have this option, but hunter class weapons. You would think to add this option for all.

Could be a few reason?
-Lazy
-Too busy buffing every other class
-Blizzard hates hunters
-we are a mistake left over from vanilla and thus deserve every nerf and gimp over the years
-What few enchants can be used on a ranged weapon don’t deserve a special glow (see above reasons)

1 Like

Yea it’s ridiculous, pretty much left a class out of enchants, smh
Guns shooting arrows, smh

• just make barrels/bow string show the enchants
  • make Guns rapid fire look like machine gun burst

And done

WHERE’S MY QUIVER BLIZZARD!?!

1 Like

Yea Legion set the tone, not sure why they did not move forward with them on new bows.

They let go a bunch of developers and half assed the game

Sure do love a whole Renown level being useless for my class.

This is the one area that SV isn’t effected by, but all the same i feel for ya.

1 Like

There was a time in WOD where garrison illusion enchants were bugged and could be added to range weapons it was SICK. Everyone loved it and blizzard got rid of it. Still blows my mind how they got overwhelming good feedback and was like nah fam.

I made this thread over a month ago, and someone replied with a very insightful piece of information I did not previously know:

When enchants were made, their spell effect was tied to a specific ID of some sort. Like an animation ‘slot’ on an item. This animation slot was shared with our animated “bow strings”. This meant that bows and crossbows could not display spell effects from enchants, due to a coding issue.

This issue was cleared up in a later expansion. We saw that these two animations no longer compete for an ID tag, and in WoD we were actually able to ‘glitch’ illusions onto our weapons.

So, the technical hurdle has been removed, but Blizzard has not made any attempts to allow Hunter’s to add weapon illusions. This is most likely a case of previous iterations of “the rules”, based on coding, as I detailed above.

2004 Programmer says: “It cannot be done. Hunters cannot have enchants on Ranged weapons because: Reasons”.

2021 Programmer says: “It cannot be done. Hunters cannot have enchants on Ranged weapons because: Reasons”. These reasons no longer exist. But new programmer is just following the outdated rules blindly.

It would be SO easy for Blizzard to give us this. There exist no unfixable issues any longer, for us to have illusions on ranged weapons. And even if there WERE issues, I am willing to PERSONALLY authorize the CEO of Activision to pay to have them fixed. If I’m willing to make this concession, then so should Blizzard. I’m being the bigger man here. Step up.

1 Like