Guilds Recruiting?

I know, I’m in one right now. They seem like a decent bunch, but I’d like a guild that is more RP-centric/events, and many in the current guild are also doing raids, so that ties up some days.
Yeah, there’s a directory, but it feels like some of those are hit or miss, or straight up wouldn’t let me in the guild because of my class choice. I enjoy the DH class, but am trying to RP him as not a DH. (Feels like its hard for some/many to wrap their heads around)

I’d like to see if a “looking for a medium to heavy RP guild” thread would be of much help or use, so here it is.

3 Likes

Any particular type of RP you’re interested in? Military, house, academic, etc.? It might help when coming up with good guild recommendations!

1 Like

There are lots of guilds recruiting. You mentioned checking out the directory, which includes good many of the guilds you’ll see recruiting on these forums.

But I’d like to focus on your comment: “But it feels like some of those are hit or miss, or straight up wouldn’t let me in the guild because of my class choice.”

I wouldn’t be so close to jump to conclusions and dismiss them without even giving them a chance! I’ve seen plenty of guilds and players who are fine with a character not being defined strictly by their mechanical class. But you’ll never know for sure if you never actually reach out to learn more!

Unfortunately, I imagine he’s referring to a couple guilds in the directory who very specifically will not allow Demon Hunter toons, regardless of their actual roleplay class. It’s a very unfortunate issue, but it IS a thing.

Maurien said it correctly.
Can’t completely fault the guilds, because people will pitch a fit if exceptions are made.
Its a rule that bugs me, but to each their own.

Edit.
To answer the “what kind are you looking for” question.
I’m really open to anything. Not so much military types, but pretty open to themes. Not any evil or criminal guilds, though.

2 Likes

Of the couple dozen Alliance guilds in the stickied directory, only two make mention of Demon Hunters. One points out that they do accept Demon Hunters; they can’t just climb up the IC ranks. Another simply states “No Demon Hunters or Death Knights”, but otherwise doesn’t go into any detail.

Both of these two guilds are near the top of the list, so it’s perfectly understandable how someone, upon scrolling down the list for the first time, would see them and get the impression that this is a common restriction.

But the reality is that none of the other guilds in the directory mention such restrictions. Many guilds do indeed allow Demon Hunters (IC and OOC), and unless they state otherwise, the OP shouldn’t let those two particular guilds’ criteria sour them on their prospects with the whole bunch.

Speaking of guilds at the top of the directory list: I know for a fact that the Howling Owl is currently looking for people. They put on regular RP events that are open to the whole server. Not evil or criminal, and the guild leader is a Demon Hunter themselves! Cool people that’re totally worth checking out! They also have Horde and Alliance sister guilds.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/h-a-the-howling-owlclub-night-owl-is-hiring-several-positions-available-updated-for-new-year/81748

Well, if you’ll excuse the bit of self-advertisement, Stormwind University is currently recruiting faculty and staff (professors, campus security, office workers, etc.), and we’re having a recruitment event later today, coincidentally!

But aside from the shameful self-promo, I really love Blackbird Brewery. Like Howling Owl, which was mentioned above, they do community events, cater for other guilds’ events, and have Horde and Alliance guilds. They’re really chill folks, so definitely give them a peek! I don’t believe they’re in the directory at the moment, but they have a tumblr where you can find most of their info! Just a google search away.

1 Like

I just stopped by to say that.

I find it neat that your wearing goggles as a DH.
I mean, it really just looks like he’s wearing a nice set of aviators and the glow from his eyes is filling the lenses. Made me chuckle.

that is all, Thank you.

3 Likes