Guildmate Hacked, cant get on to rescue account

a guild member just got hacked cant log in period to even recover his account what do they do

First thing that they should do is secure their computer and email. Do some scans for malicious software etc. using something like Malwarebytes.com to scan their system. The free version is all they need.

They should then change the password to their e-mail account.

After that, they can work on recovering their account. They should start with a brand new e-mail for battle.net and then put in a ticket to have the account recovered. This will likely require a little time and a copy of their ID to do.

They can put in a ticket using the following link:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/942/solution

4 Likes

you missed what i said, they can not log in to do that, what do they do

I didn’t miss that at all. They need to secure their own system first. That’s step one.

Once that’s done, they need to secure their email. That’s step two.

After that, they can make a new e-mail address (I’d recommend g-mail as you can add an authenticator to it for free) and setup a new battle.net for putting in their ticket with. That’s step three.

Then they can use the link I provided which ironically can also be used without an account if they can’t get logged in. But I recommend a new battle.net as a temporary one so that they can track their ticket.

10 Likes

The only thing I’d not recommend is making a new account. Perl is absolutely correct with the rest.

A new account - especially since they often reuse the old email makes things a bit messy. If they decide to do that - please use a DIFFERENT email - than the one originally used, or intended to be used.

6 Likes

they have a ticket in right now just waiting to hear back on it, told him to get mal ware bytes and sent him the link to that and the support ticket and also making a gmail email cause you can use 2fa there as well.

3 Likes

Those are all excellent steps, Coldpaws.

3 Likes