[Guild Recruitment] Chat Link Bug - Wrong Leader Listed

Category: Guild Recruitment
Subcategory: Public Invite Links (ex: [Guild: xxxxxx])
Addons: Disabled. Reproduced by multiple people in different guilds.

Bug Description: When a user clicks a guild invite link, the page that pops up seems to be dynamically populated based off of information retrieved from that guild’s “guild finder” recruitment listing. This is obviously intended behavior; however, all information (including the “Leader” tag) is grabbed from the aforementioned listing. This means that the last person to re-list the guild in the guild finder (regardless of guild rank, so long as they have the permission) is then listed as the “Leader” in the resulting guild invite page.

How to Reproduce:

1. Open the Guild/Communities window
  2. Click ‘Recruitment’
  3. Hit ‘Accept’ to repost your listing to the guild finder.
  4. Open the Guild/Communities window
  5. Click ‘Invite Member’
  6. Click ‘Link Post in Chat’
  7. Click the link, and look at the name listed under “Leader”
  8. Repeat steps 1-7 on an alt that has access to update the listing, or have another guild officer do it.

I didn’t want to link to Imgur so as to not violate any community guidelines, but this bug is easy enough to reproduce that the lack of images shouldn’t be an issue.

I’m assuming that the intent was that the guild leader would always be the one to update the guild finder listing; however, in larger guilds, this is often not the case.

My guess is that, upon populating the page that shows when an invite link is clicked, the game grabs data from the “looking for guild” listing and dynamically populates based off of that information, rather than grabbing the name of the character in Rank 0 when populating the page. This probably means that the “guild finder” listing is storing the name of the person who created the listing under the “leader” var? Obviously I have no idea how the backend of that really works, just a thought!

At the end of the day, nowhere near a game-breaking bug - but a bug nonetheless!

Thanks for your support guys. Happy holidays and stay safe!

1 Like

I just noticed this as well in my guild. I was wondering what was causing it. Good to see you caught this bug… I hope they can correct it soon.

I came here to post the same issue. Impacting me today.