Guild Management - Ban Player and Alts

Had a Guild member steal from the bank and quit the guild. Is there any way to identify the player’s alts so they do not get invited to the guild and again steal from the bank?

(I know, technically they cannot “steal” from the bank, but you all know what I am talking about.)

Not through Blizzard.

Actually, no. What they took, they had explicit permission from the GM (edit: Guild Master) by the permissions set.

But I don’t really want to dwell on that too much, as it’s not really the focus of your post. No, there’s no way to ban a player and all their alts. You could use the suggestion form to let Blizzard know your thoughts on it, if you would like.

3 Likes

Technicaly u can set invites to officers and ignore the person then it would ignore there hole bnet accout

Through public methods,

Go to collection

Go to pets

All characters share the same pets.

3 Likes

That only works if they didn’t hide their profiles.

Look at my profile. It’s hidden. The Armory is irrelevant to that.

Edited to add:

this is my alt. You’ll see that the battle pets are the same exact names/levels. You can’t hide it.

3 Likes

I think hes talking about ingame not having to go back and forth.

Ingame no possibility, which was covered.

My method’s pretty much the only way to take a peek.

4 Likes

Have anyone who can invite put the person on ignore! If they try to get a invite then from anyone who can they will get a message to their whisper they are being ignored and the officer will never see their message.

About the best you can do. Also higher value items should be in tabs only a few guildies can withdraw from! This way can help avoid people helping themselves and leaving.

1 Like

Thats what i said and limit invites to officers.

2 Likes

Having all persons with invite powers put the person on Ignore works, as long as they don’t make a new license. That is where pet checking comes in.

Now, if the make a totally new Btag that is much harder to prevent. You really can’t.

2 Likes

Thanks Alvraen, Darkwraith, and others who took the time to read my post and try to help.

I am using Alvraen’s idea and will also try to incorporate Darkwraith’s Ignore idea.

Wow. So easy for someone with a dozen alts to steal from the same guild a dozen times. A person can ignore someone - would be great if a guild could ignore someone. :sunglasses:

Thanks again all.

1 Like