Guild Gamblers steals loot against their ownloot rules

I joined an onyxia raid group at around 830 central time on 3/23, hosted by the guild Gamblers. The raid was “MS/OS, head reserved” Nothing more. Pattern: Bottomless Bag dropped and they took it without a roll. I am a tailor, and clearly said I was interested.

I was told that it was posted in discord, which I was not told to join. Can we get some shame? I already made a report to blizz.

1 Like

This was a guild hosted ONY run, our loot rules were very clear in our discord. The link to join our discord was posted dozens of times. Everyone else was in discord. You refused to to join our discord, your response was “i’m not playing Discord, im playing world of warcraft” Everyone else was ok with the guild taking the pattern for our guild tailor. We even went as far as to screenshot the raid, and offer to make these bags for free to everyone else that was not in guild. No one had a problem with that. It was good for the Guild, and everyone else. It’s standard procedure that all patterns that aren’t learned in guild, be learned by the guild hosting the raid as to add needed utility to the raid doing the work and setting up the raids, so that people like you, an unguilded mage, had an actual raid to go to. Our hosted loot rules were posted on 03/18/20 on discord. The master looter got a 3-day ban over this. He didn’t deserve this, the pattern didn’t even go to him, hes taking all the heat for doing nothing wrong.

2 Likes

Hello again Mr. Stibbons,
As relayed to you multiple times last night, Our loot rules are clearly stated in our discord and you, along with everyone else, were told to join it multiple times during this raid. Discord is required to join our hosted runs. It is also required to be able to get loot. When that was pointed out to you, you then tried to say that we had changed our rules after the pattern dropped. I told you that the post in discord are timestamped and it shows if/when anyone has edited it. Which they haven’t. You threatened to bring it to the forms and to make a ticket, and I told you that you were welcome to take it wherever you felt necessary. I’m sorry that following rules is hard for you, but this is not the fault of our guild. We did not ninja anything and certainly would not risk our reputation over loot.
-Xoel

Seems legit…

1 Like

Considering the advertisement in all of the channels did not reserve anything but the head, and actually discussed loot allotment, “MS<OS” or whatever, I don’t think Stibbons is wrong here. The channel posting didn’t say “and check discord” before we start. It was a pug for ony, you clearly didn’t think about plans/mats etc were going to drop and didn’t say it. Then it dropped and you tried to go back and use your regular rules for MC. Oh well, guess we’ll see what the Blizzard peeps have to say about it.

2 Likes
https://www.reddit.com/r/Atiesh/comments/fof85v/bottomless_bag_pattern_ninja/
3 Likes

Gamblers is a toxic joke of a guild. Their DKP system is corrupt, ran by a megalomaniac who lords it over peoples heads because he used Open DKP to create the system. Since he is the only one in control of it no one can criticize him. Not only that he is an extremely toxic raid leader who will one minute scream curse words at someone and then a minute later tell everyone he loves them. Their BWL clear time is pathetic 3+ hours. Their officer core is selfish and don’t care about anyone but themselves. They just don’t care. They are not rational people.

I did in fact say the quoted “i’m not playing Discord, im playing world of warcraft” I got screenies and everything. It was not before, it was after the raid when you were telling me that stealing loot was ok because I was not in the discord I was never told to join.

No one offered me a bag, but I think I woulda declined that offer on principle.

The master looter was the one who decided on the theft. Of course he’s accountable.

Didn’t he also take a sword from a paladin that won a roll and give it to someone else? In the same raid?

Your air of elitism is not very nice. I joined your raid, I conjured water, threw frost at the boss, etc I do not have any debt to your guild. We engaged in what should have been a mutually beneficial transaction.

I spent hours trying to salvage it before going to blizz. No hard feelings bro. I hope a lesson was learned about dishonesty.

1 Like

Also, they apparently let level 20 rogues join their raids, which is just a laughable policy decision.

1 Like

If your loot rules are something besides open rolls, then people need to be told those rules before any loot drops. Requiring Discord in order to get loot is fine, but you have to tell PUGs that before any loot drops. If you don’t want to explain your loot rules in-game, then you need to tell people in-game to read the loot rules on Discord. “He did nothing wrong” is a major overstatement, even just based on your description of events.

2 Likes

Sad part is a level 20 rogue would be better than some of the players they have.

1 Like

No we did not steal a sword from a pally. It was MS over OS, and it was a holy pally that rolled. It was Viskag’s that dropped. the 2nd highest roll was a Rogue, so it was given to MS first. But you would have known that if you were in discord. And for the record I saw what you posted on redit, it was rife with falsehoods. You most certainly did not talk to officers for over an hour, you instantly started threatening to “bring it to the world” and try to ruin the reputation of our guild. We wanted to make that pattern available to everyone in the raid and all the guilds who helped get Ony down. What you wanted was to greed roll that pattern, win it, and have you be the only one who benefits from it. EVERYONE on discord agreed with the decision, except you, the unguilded mage who refused to get on discord. As soon as it dropped, you instantly started frothing over the opportunity to roll on it. Didn’t it strike you as weird that the entire raid went down without one word in chat??? That’s because we were all in discord which is pretty much the gold standard for wow chat this day. You even admitted you had discord. If you have screenies from the time you joined the raid, to the time the bag dropped, I’d like to see them, because i personally spammed it a dozen times during the forming of the raid. No body reserves patterns on ONY in LFG macros ever because it’s like a .001% chance that any drop there. But you used that, and your refusal to join our discord as a loophole to throw a temper tantrum and “get your way” Now everyone else who was there who agreed that we should take the pattern for the guild, no longer has access to it. There’s a reason why you aren’t in a raiding guild. And that is because you do no play well with others. You did not make any friends that day. You are trying hard to put up this front that you were trying to stand on principle that you did this because you were trying to do the right thing. But the truth is, you wanted it for yourself. More than you wanted EVERYONE to have access to it. All you accomplished was punished my guild, everyone in the raid, and all their guilds, literally 100’s of people.

Discord is a much better game, you should try it.

1 Like

I am a neutral observer of this discussion. I was not in the raid and I do not know anyone in Gamblers or Stibbons.

The pug recruitment spams should clearly state the loot rules. I disagree with Hadabrewski that trade chat spam doesn’t include patterns. Many guilds DO state that patterns, mats, etc. are reserved for the guild.

As someone with alts and a frequent pug participant I make my decisions based on what is posted. If the pug recruitment did NOT state patterns were reserved or a note that loot rules were posted in Discord then Gamblers deceived all the people who joined the raid.

Were loot rules clearly explained in raid chat and discord before the raid pulled Ony? Did you REQUIRE that everyone log into Discord and check to ensure everyone was in Discord?

Based on the limited information posted in this thread it seems obvious the Gamblers used a bait and switch strategy to screw pugs out of loot. Obviously, Blizzard agrees, that is why your loot master received a ban.

I am also highly concerned how you’ve repeatedly attacked Stibbons. He has his own reasons for not being in a guild, there is no need to criticize his choice.

I recommend that Gamblers apologizes to Stibbons and clarifies their loot rules BEFORE starting the raid. The recruitment spam should cover EVERYTHING that’s on reserve for the guild. If you want to grow your guild so you don’t need to pug you should treat every pug as a potential guild member, with honesty and respect. Based on what’s posted here I would avoid Gamblers as a pug and I recommend others do the same.

2 Likes

Dang bro, chill with the personal attacks. If it ain’t reserved it’s fair game, if you are honest. You guys say such silly things. No, I don’t have screenies of the entire raid, just the dispute, why would I screenshot an entire ony raid?

1 Like

lol Do you know what a paragraph is?

Gamblers is a trash guild with trash leadership. They all deserve to be banned and I support OP 100%

1 Like