Possibly Solved TY BLIZZ! Guild finder not working and New realm can't accept invites

hmmm, fascinating find… except… when I look up Corruptors Of Innocence, it appears my guild doesn’t exist. at all. Though if I drill in from my profile, it is there.

We no longer exist… we are fading fast… remember us when we are gone…

2 Likes

Interesting. We are there twice as well.

Yeah, all the guilds I know are messed up (including my own) on TN-RH are listed twice.

I added this information to my ticket. The response is basically, thanks, they passed it onto the team working on the issue and this should help. At least we know they are aware and are (supposedly) working on it - and that they have all the information we can share with them.

2 Likes

Today I decided to try disbanding and reforming my smallest guild, since it didn’t have too much I would lose. Same exact name and guildleader, remade almost immediately after disbanding. Still working on getting all my players back in, but the guildfinder is working for it now! Obviously not much of an option for larger guilds with achieves and lots of things built up, but it does work if you just have a small guild that hasn’t done much yet.

Searching for it seems to have gotten rid of the double listing, though it shows up as on Ravenholdt (I think it should be Twisting Nether now) and gives a 404. This might just be because it hasnt quite loaded into the website yet though.

Still waiting on a real fix for the bigger guilds I officer for!

1 Like

WHOLLY $&!* I AM NOT EVEN GONNA LOG IN for a while it sounds like . Many level 120’s possibly back to level whatever. And possible guild deletion. THANK YOU but no. MAYBE they are trying to implement their fixes. HARD PASS.

Blizzard is working on that one. Pretty bad.

I discovered something new tonight. I use an addon called Guild Roster Manager. I was working on seeing who was up for promotion and who was scheduled to be made inactive. I also keep a spreadsheet with information exported from the GRM tool. I noticed a member with a last login date of February of this year in the GRM list and on my spreadsheet. I know he’s left the guild with other characters and only just logs in occasionally to the ones left in the guild and doesn’t play them - so I was going to demote him to inactive. But that character does not show up in my guild roster. I was using one of the tools in the GRM interface that opens up the OLD guild interface - and, lo, and behold, that character missing from the roster in the new interface shows up in the OLD interface. This seems like it could be something important for Blizzard devs to know, doesn’t it? I’m not sure if any of you know which people are missing from your guild roster in the current interface, but if you do, see if those characters show up in the old roster. Maybe with enough information, they can get this fixed.

2 Likes

I found a member in the old guild interface who I could not find in the new interface. He also exists in my current GRM export, and if I find his alt in the new interface I can drill into his main via GRM (and the info looks perfectly normal). Also strangely, when I deleted the record in the old interface, it removed one of the blank records in the new interface. So I have 8 more blank records which I need to find the real old records for, and delete them, to clean up the blanks. Easier said than done with 900 guild members. A good DBA at blizz could easily fix up these records in no time flat, sad that they haven’t done so.

I also found something interesting about my guild in the armory. If I do a search for my guild name, I can ONLY find it if I type in the name EXACTLY, case matters. If I look for other guilds, I can capitalize/not capitalize at random and still find them. The search also returns 2 results, both pointed to the EXACT same URL. I suspect this is probably related to the bug with Applications. Again, a good DBA could get to the root of this quickly if they cared to.

3 Likes

Did not even know the old guild roster UI was still in the game. Guessing /groster to enter ??? I will have to check it out the next time I can log in. (4 or 5 days out /cry) Thank you.

1 Like

Yup, /groster or control-click the guild icon.

I mentioned a few replies back that I noticed two listings for my guilds on Perenolde and Cairne, too - and . And I’ve found the weirdness with case as well. Hopefully updating here and in a bug report will help point the devs in the right direction.

1 Like

I am on Aman’Thul, submitted a bug report, hoped it might have been fixed after the reset last night but no luck yet it seems :frowning:

Kinda baffles me why there are 2 separate Guild Ui’s still in the game? There must be a reason, I did notice though that both guild listings were different and both up at the same time. I dismissed the old guild invite last night and kept the new Guild Ui invite up. Testing testing , I will see what happened in the whole 10 minutes I can log in tonight. Hope they get this figured out after the Khadgar realm smash mess.

I somehow get this image of some bright light at blizz seeing our complaints about our merges and saying “You think that is bad, let me show you how much worse it could be…”

I fear logging in anymore to find that mess when they get back to us. YIKES !!! At least now with the release pushed to a later date they will have more time to address these issues we have all been having.
Also by delisting the old guild UI in game, and relisting the newer UI (with log out) it did not make a difference for the guild applicants to show up.

This issue is ongoing and is starting to get incredibly frustrating, especially close to the new expansion and coming into prepatch.
This issue will kill some guilds and is a matter that needs urgent attention.

2 Likes

I’ve just taken to relisting my guild pretty much daily. Still can’t receive applications. Hopefully now that it seems like they’re done connecting servers (?) this will get fixed?

—My guess is they are NOT done combining realms yet. But maybe they finally figured out what was messing stuff up and are trying to avoid it when they start up realm smashes again in the near future.
—" Lets see… Oct of 2012 server data. hmm …nope not that one, we need the latest time frame. But where is it? Oh there it is ! " Lets get this right boys and girls !!!
— And yes I do realize its much more complicated then that, but thank you blizz for addressing it.

I’ve had these issues too on Cenarion Circle/SoE since our merge with Blackwater Raiders and Shadow Council. I tried a ticket, put in a bug report and am just waiting now until it (eventually) gets fixed. I can’t view pending apps or applicant history, and I know I have one waiting since I applied on an alt to test it. Super frustrating and disappointing!

2 Likes