Guild Bank Missing Items Update

This. :point_up_2:t3:

1 Like

The release cadence is fine. Great in fact. The problem is they count on us testing it for free, instead of paying testers.

Paid testers test, and write detailed bug reports. (I was a software QATest Engineer for three different developers.)

Players rarely test properly. They mostly want a jump on the new content, and few understand how to write a clear, concise bug report. And why should they? They’re not getting paid, nor are they playing for free.

4 Likes

I know I can’t speak for everyone, but many of us who are busy adults (working or going to college) can’t even get everything done. Those who want to play alts no longer have the time to play all the ones they want (I mean, reasonably . . .). I may be one of the weirdos who LOVE a bit of lull between expansions and between tiers (er, “seasons” now). I LIKED being as powerful as I was going to be for awhile and just relaxing - mount and mog hunting in old content, exploring, trying some achievements, or just messing around with friends. Some of my BEST TIMES were during those “slow” times. During late MoP (probably during the long lull) was when friends/guildies and I did the 5 mage Temple of Jade Serpent run. Back in the day, we had enough time to do silly things like go to a cave in Eastern Plaguelands and two of us mages polymorphed every ugly critter in there into cute sheep, bunnies, turtles and pigs. It’s when we got guild achievements in old raids (when we actually had enough people on at the same time). Or I’d just fly around, take a TON of screenshots or do nothing - just hit target dummies while chatting on Ventrilo with guildies, all of us just doing our own thing, but still being a community.

I too, have been complaining about this pace for awhile. I didn’t think they could keep up the quality forever While TWW has some beautiful zones, some great characters, etc., it’s also been one of the BUGGIEST releases. I’ve had so many freezes, more DCs than we’ve had recently, so many times I couldn’t turn in quests, quest markers in really WRONG spots, etc. etc. With the GUILD BANK issue being the overshadowing one, which really put a damper on enjoying the new xpac. I would have happily waited many more months to get a much better tested product.

17 Likes

ummm, i don’t know what is the point of comparing wow to fallout4??? is fallout 4 an MMO, where people collect items for the last 20 years? Does fallout 4 have an economy where these lost items actually have a gold value, which can be used to buy a monthly sub?

try finding an equivalent game that has experienced the issue at the same scale!

Who cares about warbands. people are not stupid; they know the difference. just because a couple decided to post about their warbound issues, doesn’t take away from the focus of the guild bank issue in this thread.

7 Likes

Another Reddit post with thousands of upvotes.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1foaz2k/my_guild_of_13_years_lost_every_item_and_not_even/

My guild of 13 years lost every item and not even a single one was restored. Support said there is nothing they can do about it aside from making noise. Please don’t forget they wiped many guilds out.

Blizzard, this isn’t going away. You need to restore faith in your customers whose guild banks were wiped out.

4 Likes

This is good advice.

That being said, people pay a lot of money to participate in WoW. I understand why there’s an expectation of better service than some free-to-play mobile game. If people would vote with their wallets and walk away, then Blizzard would make more effort to address the issue.

My account only has a few hours left. Just wanted to say that primarily due to this bug, including the horrendous response from Blizzard, I will no longer be giving my money to this corporation. I no longer trust Blizz, they have strayed too far.

24 Likes

Just chiming in what was returned. I got back more than many, still not even close to half of what was missing. What remains missing also didn’t have a lot of value, but it was helpful stuff like potions and mats, and many pets.

• 4 red helper box
  • 2 snowman kit
  • 3 spring rabbit’s foot
  • 3 pitted defias shortsword
  • 1 recipe: crocolisk steak
  • 1 tyrhold drape
  • 1 aegis of tyrhold
  • 583 rousing fire
  • 217 bite size morsel
  • 11 serevite
    Also, forgive me if this has been covered, I did try to read everything, but did anyone else have the issue where you were getting basically frozen trying to interact with your guild bank? Even logging out kept your character locked in for about 20 minutes? That was the only other weird issue I had with the banks before all this.
11 Likes

Yes, I agree. I could have worded my post better. I wasn’t putting blame on the individual GMs themselves, but the way they are being managed.

4 Likes

I applaud your conviction, it’s sad that we have to turn on backs on this game that we (at least I!) have loved so much these past ~20 years. We must keep telling ourselves that we are doing the right thing not letting ourselves be doormats that can be walked on, and still hand over our hard earned money.

The FF14 trial, although not the same game, looks like it might be worth a try from a story standpoint. And 1 character can learn all the jobs (classes) from what I understand, which looks kinda cool.

10 Likes

I’ve lost plenty of things in this game at the end of the day its just pixels on a screen if losing them bothers you that much the best you can do is vote with your wallet and simply stop playing.

Its encouraging to see at least one mature person on here. Some of these people are getting wayyy too upset over some insignificant pixels.

The fact that you think this is simply over some missing pixels shows you do not understand the issue at all lol.

20 Likes

Sure it is. Its really not a big deal though.

Your attempt at trolling is adorable

8 Likes

Everyone ITT forgets this is not the same Blizzard.
This isn’t even ActiBlizz anymore, it’s Micro ActiBlizz. :frowning:

1 Like

Not good enough I havent had anything returned to me as far as I know as Guild leader. My guild bank has all 6 panels all were 75% full of everything Hundreds of ore , hundreds of leather and professional items for my Guild characters , This was around 12 plus years worth of guild collecting that I used as needed and NOW I need them for some characters its " Well we messes up sorry but tough luck "

100% unacceptable I think that in-game compensation is the very least Blizzard could do and to me with the price of items I should be making and selling every guild should be compensated 10000 gold for each of the 98 slots in each panel the guild has, at the very most this would cost Blizzard 980,000 per guild bank panel the guild has.

But considering the time, energy and some of the rare items some guilds have lost it might be better for Blizzard to compensate us 1 Million gold per panel.

You guys make money hand over fist from us spending time in world if we forget to pay our tier by one day, in fact we are 5 minutes late, You shut us down and we are supposed to accept " We are sorry but we are to stupid to back the system up on the day before we upload an update ???"

The Million per guild bank panel would go a long way to placate Guild members who can then purchase what they need at the auction house and face it its just a few strokes of the keyboard to do so, but will be a massive public relations exercise and a genuine We are really sorry!!!

But I doubt Blizzard is willing to do that !! What we have gotten is Blizzard screwing us over and taking our Items that have in many cases taken 10’s of 1000’s of man hours to collect without appropriate compensation ???

Maybe it is time for a mass walk out and a few hundred thousand of us simply leave Blizzard for a few months or for good like I have heard in a few Forums and guilds. And if I get the same sort of cut and paste response to this like Ive seen on 90 % of the comments here then all of us know you just do not care about your loyal customers who have stuck with your for in my case 19 years !!!

Again 1000% unacceptable Blizzard.

14 Likes

Not trolling. Sure it sucks a little for those affected but its really not that big of a deal. Its some pixels in a video game. You will be ok.

1 Like

Blizzard should do a formal postmortem where they list the corrective actions they will take to prevent this debacle. Anyone else in a professional career would have to.

They’re dry, sometimes boring, but factually focused. They could even cast doubt on new agile development and screwed up quality assurance. Blizzard should be transparent and change bigly because in another industry there would be serious repercussions from losing customer data.

2 Likes

It’s pixels in a game that we pay money for where collecting these pixels is the point of the game and Blizzard is supposed to keep our data safe. If our data cannot be kept safe, there is no point in playing the game if the items we collect will not stay on our characters. Why is this so hard to understand?

How would you like it if a cloud storage service you paid for suddenly lost all your files, and you had things like sentimental family pictures on it? Too bad, so sad, it’s just data, you’ll live.

People being affected like this is a perfectly valid reason for unsubbing forever, and I support those who do so. Even though I was not affected much (didn’t lose anything important).

20 Likes