Guild Bank Missing Gold after Realm Connections

Hey all,

I tried submitting a ticket for this, but it was just closed out with a generic go look at the forums type of response.

For starters, I’ll admit, I bought a bundle of WoW tokens (5 to be precise) sold those tokens and netted about 517k worth of gold. I then transferred this money to my bank alt and deposited into my guild bank.

Guild bank showed 517k plus silver and copper deposit. All good. Then I logged out, when I logged back in the next day, Guild bank shows 0. I added another 13k or so from my daily farming and realized I only had 13k in the Guild Bank.

What the hecken? So I took a look at the money log, no withdrawals except a few repair bills none over 100g, so what the heck happened to my 500k+ gold? Blizz dismissed my ticket like there was not an issue no big deal it’s only $120 real life monies, you can farm up that 500k gold no probs.

I’m pretty angry about this as I’ve been paying and playing WoW since Vanilla and I regularly throw money at you guys. Can someone please look into this? I have screen shots of the guild bank money log proving I had the money in there and no one took it out.

You’ll want to reopen your ticket to have a GM take a look. There should be an option for requiring more help in your ticket.

3 Likes

Yeah I did that, no response as of yet. Thanks for the heads up though.

1 Like

Ricktus… same exact situation here. Sorry it happened to you, but at the same time I am glad I am not affected alone. I also got the “Auto-Close” on my ticket and re-opened. No update as of yet, and still missing roughly 1.3M gold from my bank. Hopefully with a few of us having the same thing, it will help bring quicker resolution? There were a few similar posts to ours from others.

I do have a question for you relative to the guild logs. Do they show past tense deposits/withdrawals, as in like two weeks ago and nothing from the day before? Mine were all dated back to two weeks prior to the reset. The gold amount in my bank was exactly the balance two weeks ago as well as shown in my TSM log.

Thanks

1 Like

Did you put this information in your ticket? Have you put this information in a Bug Report?

1 Like

Ruffle, yes I did add that I believe in the on-line forum post, as well as in the ticket. In the ticket, I was able to attach a file of a screenshot I took. Not sure if that is possible here? It shows the guild log where my son at my request deposited and withdrew one copper, to show current time, then all of the subsequent transactions were much older. They were also extremely out of order. Is there a way to attach a screen shot here? Or would a link to an online image work if I uploaded?

Upload it to an image hosting site, then you can paste the URL here. However, the URL will need to be highlighted and then click the Preformatted Text icon above ( </> ) and it will encase the URL. Then anyone can just copy/paste it to visit the page.

1 Like

OK, here are two screenshots I took. The first is the day of the realm merger in the evening when I noticed the issue. It shows the GB money log and the inconsistencies in dates, it also shows the TSM GB Month log, and I also show the character balances for my toons. The second is a similar screenshot, however taken today to show the update on TSM log with the money missing along with the same GB money log unchanged.

https://imgur.com/a/FemYGWc

https://imgur.com/a/Tzv17Aw

One thing to point out is that you’re using an addon which wouldn’t be supported. Have you actually tried a Full UI Reset to rule out a misbehaving UI or addon?

It will likely be recommended by the GM who handles your ticket too.

2 Likes

Perl, thanks for the response. I did do that, I disabled all addons, and additionally had my son check who only uses like Recount. He sees the same thing I see on a different account / character.

As much as I like a good UI reset, we have been seeing reports of missing gold/items from some folks after the realm connection so I don’t think it is a UI issue here.

Though the addons that calculate gold across multiple characters, etc… might not be entirely accurate after the realm connection just based on how that works. It is a good reference point but it might be off.

5 Likes

I’m more upset about just the automatic close of my ticket. It seemed blatantly unnecessary when they could have at least checked to see if my ticket was valid before dismissing it out of hand.

I have all addons disabled and I am going by the Guild Bank Money Log rather than any gold counting addons. I’d just like to see some resolution.

please disregard this post. I just saw above it was already said.

Reopen your ticket and make sure it includes as much information about the missing gold as possible. As well, file a bug report.

2 Likes

I appreciate your response, but as I stated above I did this already. My concern isn’t just with resolution, it is also a customer service issue. Closing tickets and saying Oh Well, is complete BS and bad customer service.

The point I’m making is that I opened a ticket only to have it closed needlessly and now it’s on me to re-open it, that is poor customer service. I wouldn’t even care if they made me wait longer before closing the ticket as long as they looked into it. Instead it looks more like they’re concerned about their metrics (Customer Service/Ticket metrics) than they are with resolving problems.

Except it wasn’t closed. It’s the standard response being given to most tickets at the moment because the GMs are working from home. It isn’t bad customer service. You not liking the reply doesn’t make it bad service. Bad customer service is not getting a reply at all.

They give a list of basic troubleshooting steps that resolve a lot of issues. They give you the option of reopening your ticket if the steps given don’t resolve it.

You personally maybe. Others, no. I’ve seen a lot of posts by players complaining because there’s “no response” from a GM because of the queues. They say that Blizzard needs to hire more GMs. That the response time is bad customer service.

Again, that’s your perspective. The steps in the letter resolve a lot of cases. If a GM answered the ticket directly, in most cases those are the same steps they would give the player to resolve it. Plus players get a faster response with this letter than they would otherwise.

Your reference to metrics is way off base. Speedy answers and number of tickets handled are good, but resolved issues and customer satisfaction are as important, if not more so.

I get that you are frustrated, but floating conspiracy theories about metrics doesn’t help anyone. It just makes you look rude.

7 Likes

I just received the following reply (after having to re-open the ticket):

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, David.

I understand it’s frustrating when in-game activities don’t work as intended and I am sorry you were affected by an issue like this. We have received multiple reports of this happening to other players and I can confirm it is not working as designed. We’ve passed it over to our QA and Developers and we’re hoping to have a permanent fix in very soon.

With this being a complicated database matter, it is unfortunately outside of the hands of us lowly Customer Support people, but I’ve made sure to pass on your details for further investigation to be added to our escalation.

My apologies for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

However, I see that other GMs replied to other people with this issue saying that it was a display issue with an add-on. I’m not complaining that they’re raising the issue to DEV, but I’m wondering if it will ever get resolved. Am I just out the 500k gold?

Hopefully now that it is a known issue, but that will be up to what the developers can find.

2 Likes

We see this variance in responses when a new issue arises and investigation is still ongoing. For example, Game Masters saying it may be a display issue are usually providing troubleshooting advice (such as the UI Reset suggested earlier in this post). If it turns out that this does not solve the problem, then the Game Masters know there is something else going on.

So, right now this is being reviewed by the WOW team. I don’t have an ETA to share on when it might be sorted out but they are on the case.

4 Likes

I responded to this in the locked thread.

What it means is that they want to address the issue overall, rather than try to fix the issue on a case-by-case basis. Some manual fixes can cause the issue to break further.

With this happening after a realm connection, it could happen with other realm connections. They would want to have it addressed now so that either it doesn’t happen next time, or they have an additional process to run after the next connection is made.