Guardian Tree is Dumpster Worthy

Typhoon, Ursol’s Vortex and Incap Roar are not QoL talents, they are utility, and very good utility at that. You’d have to drop 1 of them in order to take a decurse, which may or may not even be useful in the dungeon.

We must choose between Incapacitating Roar and Mighty Bash. We can’t have both. I used to use both.

2 Likes

Umm… ya.

No one ever said they weren’t.
Like… what? Lol

Astral influence is a QOL talent.
You based your original post entirely on it.

No… It isn’t.
It’s not required at all.
The heal has a larger radius than efflorescence or healing rain. An extra few yards is not mandatory in the slightest.

If you truly believe that its only usable 1-2 times throughout a run, than it just shows your inexperience, or worse, ineptitude.

Aside from sang weeks, typhoon is essentially just an interrupt, which incap covers already without spreading mobs apart or pushing them out out of aoe (dps absolutely LOVE that). You give it more value than its truly worth.

3 dead talents to unlock typhoon that you will NEVER use.
4 dead talents to then and unlock vortex.

Compared to this build.

0 dead talents.
Juv,SM and wild growth, while not ideal, are perfectly usable as guardian.

In fact, on bursting their healing is a huge time saver.
Like… do you just sit there between pulls and watch you healer struggle?
First class!

I trade 3 yards on my range for 4% increased healing done/taken.
I trade Typhoon for decurse.

If that cleanse = certain death, yes. Outside of sang weeks I cant think of a scenario where a knockback was essential to the run. Quite the contrary.

Ok so how many times you use in spires, necrotic wake, theatre, dos, and mists.

Seriously cmon m8. The amount of dungeons that have specific cleanses that are required are rare to the point 1 enemy will cause it. Sanguine depths had 1 enemy, and halls had 1 that didnt even take up half the dungeon in fact both were only really done by 1 specific mob in both dungeons which is also intteruptable, which only showed up in about 2 pulls.
Theatre had 1 that wasnt lethal at all same with dos.

Again this is going by actual use cases typhoon should be used significantly more then that cleanse ever will be. One best way of grouping enemies was with typhoon and ursols combo to do a psuedo gorfiends.
Intterupting enemies is also more useful in significantly more situations then that clease.

Also what you do after a pull with bursting is keep going and keep pulling, im not sitting waiting for my healer for bursting…
In most keys i have done last week on my dracthyr while healing tanks have continued to pull after bursting, its really not that big a deal anymore with how nerfed it is.
If a healer is having so much trouble with bursting nowadays, especially since it dosent even do %max hp anymore, to the point that he needs actual help from others just to deal with after pull bursting then he should stop healing.

Watching you struggle to list off curse/ poison effects is not as funny as I originally thought. It’s sad. You couldnt even name the good ones.

You disappoint me once again.

The irony…

Kid is preaching hard about after the wild fire. But I suggest tossing out a wild growth in between pulls to assist the healer after a high stack and I’m the weird one.

Surly a healer worth his salt shouldnt need the assistance from the tank, So much so that the extra range from astral become “mAnDaTorY”

That’s how dumb you sound right now.

1 Like

What’s dumb is you pooh-pooging a number of extremely good talents in order to take a decurse that probably doesn’t even do anything in 6 of the 8 dungeons in the rotation.

If a decurse is absolutely necessary then yeah, we’ll have to take it. But there was no dungeon in Shadowlands that required it (closest was halls) and there probably won’t be in DF either.

2nd boss of halls was closest it game to a mandatory decurse in shadowlands.

OTOH plaguefall without a disease dispel was pretty terrible.

1 Like

Which is an awful trade. That’s the point.

Typhoon is some of the best utility there is in M+. Decurse is situationally useful but almost never required.

You’re also giving up 3 yard radius increase on Thrash and After The Wildfire which is worth more than a decurse on its own, let alone Typhoon.

1 Like

It’s worth nothing when the mobs are within range. Which they most often are, being that you’re the tank and all.

I’m trading that for 4% extra healing done/ taken.

So….

One is quality of life with little to no affect to my gameplay.

The other is a pure throughput talent that affects 100% of my self heals and healing taken.

Hmmm. Tough call.

One.

One talent.
All the others are dead talents, utterly useless for guardian.

Junkyard has a plethora of poisons and curses that will end your run real quickly. Mass root on your party paired with a fortified shock wave? Lmao. Good times!

2 Likes

Makes you wonder how the meta comp for all of season 3 and 4 ever managed to complete it without a decurse.

….Or how they managed without typhoon.

ALSO…

LMFAO

Bottom line…

We didn’t lose it, you’re deliberately choosing not to pick it so you can combine Vortex and typhoon. (something that wasn’t possible in SL)

M8 wildfire keeps you in form and works throughout a pull and does significantly more heals…

It is entirely different from after pull bursting dmg.
Do you understand that there is a difference in adter pull and during pull m8.
Wildfire also does a massive amount of healing to yourself.

Seriously its impressive how dumb your comment is.

What? Decurse was pretty important in several of the SL dungeons. Maybe it’s something most non-healers didn’t notice happening in the background.

In DOS, the moths curse requiring you to jump was detrimental to casting dps that couldn’t freely jump all the time.

In HoA, Curse of Obliteration hurt like hell at higher keys, and being able to remove it where possible kept healing manageable. Having a 2nd decurser was great b/c collectors’ siphon life was the priority dispel (huge magic DoT & attacks heal target), so not all curses could be taken care of by the healer. Also, decursing the 2nd boss’ leap target allowed them to dodge the leap damage if they had an applicable skill (wild charge/ disengage/ etc) which was huge on tyrannical.

Mists had a stacking 10% dmg curse that would cause tanks to melt in the early packs if it wasn’t managed. Not every group was able to purge it off the mobs before they died, so decursing helped with not waiting the debuff out to keep pulling. Iirc, it was pretty long (15 or 20 seconds I think?). I think Soul Split was a magic dispel from the soulcleavers though.

In Sanguine, not every curse of suppression is gonna always get kicked. So, having 2 people capable of it in case the primary decurser gets silenced is pretty huge. Who wants a dps to just sit there in a big pack pull to a buff container?

In ToP, the elementals apply a massive extra damage taken curse from shadow damage (which the followup soulstorm would then nuke a player). Then the fear curse on the teleporting platforms was nice to remove too.

1 Like

Those core hounds in streets who apply a massive haste debuff to the entire party.

On fort weeks I bet yucilla just sits there watching his party struggle uphill with that massive party wide damage debuff while he scoffs and says, “Ugh…. Hurry up guys”

I bet he even chains that pull with the rhino and wolves. Groups them all up nicely with typhoon.

“Hur hur, I’m a good tank”

Oh you mean the cast they do that you can intterupt…
Do you not use your intterupt now too? Cmon m8 seriously. You know your comment is dumb along with this one aswell.

You know I do.
That fact that you even question me is laughable. But… answer me this and stay fashionable.

How many core hounds are there?

Hmm??

If you have found a way to lower the cooldown and make skull bash hit two targets, by all means, share with the class.

It’s fun to pretend that every group I’m paired with is filled with competent players who use all abilities correctly and kick every cast. However, my experience pugging has proven otherwise. You meet some special people, like guardian Druids who dont dispel.

How did that typhoon work though?!
What’s that you say?
Immune?

Awwww… Muffin.

Better than what it used to be. Maul and/or moonfire at least serves a greater purpose in rotation. IMO maul build is crazy strong (speaking for M+) right now. Also it’s actually pretty fun. Fact that you can proc it and use without spending rage on it, is really cool. Not everyone is going to enjoy this tanking style.

Where’s the M+ build where I don’t have to constantly tab-spam Moonfire?

The maul build. If you bothered to read what I wrote… Go try it.

Also if you bothered to do any research before coming here to call the spec garbage you’d know there’s a strong build around maul. If you bothered to even look at the talent tree and the tier sets you’d have pieced it together. Instead it seems you came here uneducated to complain

2 Likes

Umm… who are you talking to, buddy?