Guardian is just... a boring spec

It is confirmed…feral and gaurdian is trash tier in shadowlands…no more work to be done for us.

3 Likes

“But the foundation is a complete disaster.” - Dreaux S Esquire, Bearer of Bad News

3 Likes

Another Alpha with basically no changes to Bear, another expansion of being a trash tier trial tank. What a waste of time.

3 Likes

FWIW, and I tend to not run higher than 15s, so while it’s higher than most players it’s by no means “high end”…

And I run an interesting setup mostly for the lulz and my healers say they prefer it…

I push 60% dodge fairly often with loaded crit procs, and push 85+% crit chance, while maintaining 20ish% vers when everything is popping off. I’m pretty sure if I got my ideal setup I could push it even higher, but again. mostly for the lulz as a casual ish player.

That is an interesting build, and some top bears run crit, but the vast majority run versatility or mastery, i think for how much smoother it makes damage intake.

You could still get very unlucky and not dodge many times in a row, even with those crit procs, and you have nothing to fall back on.

Versatility and mastery setups always perform, however good or bad, without the rng factor.

1 Like

@Tewa or any other Full Time Guardian in Alpha

Please go in this thread and light him up. It is probably a lost cause now.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-druid-class-changes/490706/147?u=dreaux-emerald-dream

1 Like

Be nice to him about it or he wont feel like talking to us… but yes. its a bit obnoxious that literally NOTHING is being said about guardian.

2 Likes

JFC, its meme level, all specs are directly acknowledged by the dev except guardian.

They have to have something big coming (but they are unsure if they are going to implement it fully or something), its the only explanation on why they wont just say they think its fine.

1 Like

The DK that hit Sigma with a response was pretty spot on with how the community is feeling about SL.

4 Likes

Also what people are forgetting is that versatility buffs azerite traits and essences.

Its not visible on the ability tooltip, but if you use say Resounding Protection, the absorb shield that appears with your buffs will be modified by your versatility. Same goes for dmg and healing traits/essences.

Not to forget versatility still works when you are stunned, and against damage done by magic off all kinds.

1 Like

Or they still think Guardian is a part of Feral…

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think there are any major changes coming for Guardian in SL. I hope the Guardian legendaries are interesting at least.

And I hope they tune Lunar Beam into relevance because it competes against an obvious M+ talent and an obvious single target Raid talent. If its damage could scale a bit better, I suppose it could occupy an offensive niche.

1 Like

For sure. I’d go with the more consistent damage if I ran competitive. It was more of an aside that bears are still able to get massive avoidance still, and the extra crit is nice for TD.

I think the only real place I have an absolute advantage is necrotic… I’ve done pulls where I end up without a stack.

But my healers get a kick out if me just ignoring physical mechanics a lot of the time.

I’d really like to try a Vers crit build for the best of both worlds, and then fill in haste where needed so the gameplay isn’t painfully slow…

But I don’t get that lucky with gear in comparison to how casually I play to target that thoroughly.

1 Like

I have been watching the alpha/news cycle… sooo much attention being paid to druids yet literally nothing for guardians. Not even acknowledging there is a problem with them or that they have been “kicking the can down the road” to deal with their issues next xpac (which is what happened in BFA).

Would hate to main one right now (I only alt one).

2 Likes

Actually there are a lot more attention being paid to warlocks, mages and demon hunters.

As far as improvement changes, there hasnt been much for any druid spec.

1 Like

If I typed what I’m thinking, I would probably get a forum vacation.

17 Likes

Me too bud. Me too.

2 Likes

I’m so baffled at the lack of any acknowledgment towards Guardian. I don’t want this broken spec to go live with no baseline changes hoping that all the systems will fill in the gaping pot holes. The saddest part about all of this is that I have been so let down with guardian this expansion that I would be excited if they changed one simple thing for slands: Bear form giving enough rage to cover that first Iron Fur. It is beyond not fun getting clapped in the first couple globals in M+ because for some insane reason it takes what feels like an eternity to get the AM rolling.

3 Likes

#GuardianDruidsUnite

I pop into the forums on a daily basis expecting to find some sort of update/change to guardian druids with the complaints i keep reading and still no response from blizz. First, we get that unchanged swipe to win boring spec and thinking an additional button (Bezerk) which they think is going to change the over arching problem. Next, lets remove the “wombo combo” of Vortex+typhoon cause screw you. Lastly, for that final KO punch they take roar and place it as a general druid power. I’m confused on the logic or if we’re getting anything else to combat all these L’s we keep receiving.

Start the trend and let us be heard.

#GuardianDruidsUnite

5 Likes

I agree with you, but to be fair, I dont think roar really figures in the decision process for getting taken into raid. Its not like anyone ever said in BFA, yeah lets make our MT or OT a bear because of this, if a raid needs speed boots they will probably just take a shaman or if really desperate feral. It just normalises the class utility across its specs.

2 Likes