Guardian druids need adjusting

Today I played a random battleground a guardian druid topped the damage charts by 2x everyone else and healing by 2x the next person.

Why does blizzard think it’s acceptable for a TANK to out DPS and out HEAL the dedicated roles for those in BGs? Additionally, the class cannot be killed, has absurd health, AND has a one shot! This combined with insane movement means that without a guardian druid on your team, you’re in trouble.

While you’re here. Please take a moment to let Blizzard know that this combined with Demon Hunters, Warlocks, and Shadow Priests are unacceptable. We’ve seen nerfs to classes such as Death Knight, Rogue, Evoker, and others. Step up and do the same for the most broken classes in the game.

15 Likes

They do seem on the oppressive side, and are kind of the antithesis of fun to play into due to lack of reasonable counterplay in most cases.

Blizz can’t or won’t balance pvp at all. Ever. They never have. When’s the last time we saw a new bg? Do we even have pvp devs?

Pvp isn’t high in the priority list.
It’s part of the game that ion and his crew have let go over many xpacs. Hes a pve guy and never has or will put any effort into pvp

3 Likes

This is true that they don’t particularly care for it, but they’ve just released tuning in relation to PvP… so they’re paying attention, I just don’t know how they’re not eyeing DH, Warlock, Guardian Druid, etc.

2 Likes

Haha, should I be attacking this thing? It hurts when I do.
Its a pretty basic spec to play as too, never was a fan.
Boomy, Resto and Feral are much more fun/complex, its an interesting choice.

If they got rid of their borrowed power systems or let’s call it what it really is…parasitic systems. The rng damage and healing was so inconsistent due to so many systems at work it made things so hard to balance. I get that….

So now I DF if parasitic systems have been removed…what now is the problem?

1 Like

i just had the same thing happen man…
tank druid topped dmg, heals, killing blows, HKs, 0 deaths, basically the bg god, oh and he capped all 3 of the flags while dominating in every bracket.
we all had the 411 pvp gear, he 7v1ed us.
They are the true kings of pvp atm. Meanwhile everyone is complaining a fury or DH insta shot them, the guardian is the hidden god

2 Likes

DH/Fury are nuts too. Several classes/specs need serious nerfs. Not half nerfs, not “hope this makes you sorta happy”. Blizz needs to sit down for an hour and say, “why are these classes/specs performing so well in BGs/Arenas”, then address the results of that.

With that next tuning date posted, I can’t help but think who is getting the shillelagh next.
The over under on DH is questionable, Bear too. Hero etc…

From the POV of a g druid that’s been messing around in pvp - the damage is mostly from sleeper and multiple players smacking the druid during it. Noticed a night and day difference in BGs where I didn’t run sleeper and most BGs I end up with sleeper thorns doing 70-80% of my damage.

It honestly boils down to the tank running in the middle of the other team - pressing incarn and everyone and their mothers for some reason targets the tank. Every. Single. Time. Few BGs where I was ignored I was near the bottom of the list in heals and damage done.

As far as equal gear vs equal gear - once the guardian is out of incarnation - they don’t do much damage (Even if specced heavily into maul + lazerbear) and every DPS can out sustain them/burn them down. Except warriors. Blizzard hates warrior - this is an established fact.

Seeing so many tanks makes me kinda miss gpyro spam fire mages.

1 Like

Guardian Druids are beyond busted at the moment. It’s so bad I’m kind of baffled they made it through next weeks balance pass still god mode.

1 Like

And to add to the previous post - tanks still take a passive 60% increased damage - there have been times where I was at 560k HP and died in a 3 second stun to a few classes. Enhance has torn me a new one with 300k+ blasts, DK and DHs and arcane mages (Shudder)

All of our power rests in a 3 minute cooldown - outside of it (hell even during it) we can be taken care of. Though things might chance in later patches.

If you want to easily deal with a walking meat shield, do the following:

1. Ignore them - damage is limited outside of incarn.
  2. Kite them - bears are no longer immune to CC
  3. Burst during stuns - tanks take 60% increased damage - high burst abilities that ignore armor is the bane of bears

I’d say the worst offender of bears being OP is during Ashran - full pvp geared bears have 1.2M HP buffed and 1.7M during incarn - while spamming regen they just don’t die. I’d argue that tanks really don’t need the ashran melee buff or at least a nerfed version of it

Post summary: They are only ridiculous busted if they spec right and then its only Zues level strong half the time…it’s fine.

Last Ashran Guardian Druid top of the charts in Damage and Healing 45mill damage, 25mill healing… Nerf Guardian period… Don’t care how just bring them inline with other tanks in PvP.

Post on your main - everything is significantly different at 70 with honor gear.

Again - stop attacking tanks - you will hurt yourself more often than not and only proc on hit talents most tanks have (I see you haven’t encountered Blood DKs or V DHs yet if you think bear is ridiculous)

The problem in Ashran lies with the melee buff - not the tank. You take reduced damage, have triple the health, take increased healing and CC’d less often. Combine that with how guardian druids work and you have 5 different systems feeding off each other.

The solution here is to prevent tanks from receiving the Ashran melee buff lol

I don’t attack into tanks… Thats not the point. You really think the answer is to just let them have free run? Gimme a break. DK and DH is an entirely different topic, this isn’t the American senate stay on top, Guardian.

The next players in line were DPS and Healers not other class tanks… See the problem with your logic…

Can you not read?

Alright - let me link you the ability EVERY melee gets in ashran.

The answer is to stop tanks from receiving this buff.