Guardian druid stigma

The only thing I’m trying to say is people’s perception of FotM is a bad precedent. I understand players pushing to be in the top 10 or even 100 in the world to hold certain grievances with balance. I found a lot of players apply the same logic to lower and mid tier keys.

THAT is entirely the point of this post. That very thing.

I am struggling through it. I just got 3x TC and 1 LM, and YG. I got into a +9 motherload and 2 chested it, then was invited by the healer (druid!) to run the +11 key she got and 2 chested that. No deaths and she said I was easy to heal even at her 390 ilvl. I mean it is only a +11 but it felt good to get invited to something instead of turned down constantly. I probably way overgear that level key at 408 though.

Read. The. Threads. In. This. Forum.

Hell, I’ll make it even easier for you: just search for “Lipkiss” and read the posts associated with and replying to those.

Because all we deal with in this forum is posts from people who don’t know a thing about Druids, coming and trolling us with the same talking points over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Like you’re doing now.

3 Likes

Well what about timing a +24 or +25 or how about a +26, if population representation does not make a class playable why is it not every spec has a +25 key done? I can nitpick just the same.

That’s not the same level of nitpicking. Twelve thousand people have timed a +20 key. 140 have timed a +25/+26.

and out of 12k we only have 129 Guardian druids. Although I dont know if that is individual players or if 1 player does 10 keys at 20+ if they are counted 10 times.

It’s the second. 1 player can take up multiple spots. Which is why it took me down to 10,000 spots to get to the 10th different Bear.

1 Like

So when referenced

It is more like 10 bears that have completed those keys.

Kind of lowers the value of that argument.

If the number 50 came from the leaderboard instead of individuals, you’d be right.

But you’re wrong. So.

The fallacy lies in that the aggragated data accumulated is based on players playing a specific class vs. Someone at the same theoretical skill level playing a different spec.

Since not enough players have played guardian druid at that skill level, the data only shows a lack of population and there is no real evidence that this correlation is attributed to the class itself.

I am sure I am and the lack of people wanting to play druid is specifically linked to it ONLY not being fun. As well as the player base just not being on the correct skill level to handle a guardian druid at high end content. My bad!

I never said that, I personally enjoy guardian. Otherwise I wouldn’t play it.

The majority of the playerbase complaining about bear being weak are not struggling in high end content. They are struggling in 15 and under keys. Bear being weaker does not, in any way shape or form, prohibit such trivial content from being completed.

Do you understand yet.

Sorry I understand I just keep forgetting that the game is balanced for the top 1% Ill remember it one day.

If the game was balanced for the top 1%, wouldn’t that be balanced for everyone?

More to the point, wouldn’t the game not being balanced around the top 1% be more what I’m saying than you?

Reverse the 50% mastery nerf from legion. Give back rage of the sleeper baseline. That would put guardian middle of the pack.

If anything, this would shift stat weights some to where we may value mastery more than we presently do, but that ultimately means it comes at a cost to haste and versatility, both of which have their place and benefits since there is only so many peices with secondary stats in the first place.

Faide also talked about this recently in his wowhead article and I believe one of his key points for this was to drive Guardian niche, returning us to the time where we were the highest HP tank by a decent margin.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d welcome this change in a heartbeat. But I just don’t think this would make that much of a drastic change to Guardian.

As much as I miss this ability from Legion, chances of seeing this at all during this expansion cycle is slim to nil. It sucks but that’s just what it is.

Personally, I’d welcome the old Berserk back as a short-term filler.

Relative to what metric?

I know everything I suggested is slim to nil. Frustrating watching wars get what they asked for and sub rogues getting big buffs but they drag their feet with guardian.

Maybe not a metric per say but i have all tanks at 120 and the general consensus om tanks is pretty solid. Guardian just doesn’t stand out in any area as strong and its not “jack-of-all trades” enough to stand out like that either. Pushing its health higher and increased healing(through mastery) along with rots would let it stand out as high health meat shield again at least.

…what?

They got a few minor buffs, purely in PvP, nothing else. After their spec was essentially deleted from PvE.

Prot got buffed, now bear get’s buffed. You know part of the prot buffs was because it also got nerfed, right.

Roar. Pretty much it. So if KJ suddenly comes back, you’ll see plenty of bears.

Roar being guardians strength is pretty lame.