Guardian Druid Bottom tier for both M+ and Raids

That’s why we cant have nice things! :sweat_smile:

The current top 20 runs in m+ are a couple of warriors for fotm, a brewmaster, and a bear… if Lipkiss can crush on +23s than being competative is viable. Lipkiss is beating out every single Blood in the WORLD.

This means that if you are having problems in m+ than you are the problem. Take accountability for your own shortcomings and get better, or play another class ffs lol

If Lebron James can become 3x mvp and 3x NBA champion, beating out all other players in the world, that means being a professional basketball player is viable! If you havent been drafted yet, YOU are the problem. You should take accountabilty for your own shortcomings or play another sport.

I changed the context so you can see how stupid you look.

8 Likes

You might want to look again, there is a BDK ranked above Lipkiss.

Not necessarily.

It is critical to also look at all the data points before making claims like this. One of the real reasons why Lipkiss is ranked so high is due to the affixes on the week when they did their highest keys.

Week 1 - Tyrannical, Volcanic, Raging, Reaping is the easiest M+ week.
Week 6 - Tyrannical, Bursting, Skittish, Reaping is the second easiest M+ week.

If you look a vast majority of their high keys were done on Week 6. There is really absolutely no real major concern for Guardians that week other than making sure the healer/group knows how to handle Bursting. Otherwise trash isn’t really all that deadly and Tyrannical bosses aren’t all that deadly for Guardians either.

There are quite a number of Guardian druids (myself included) that are doing high keys and find playing any other tank class night and day – especially on the other 85% of the M+ weeks outside Week 1 and 6.

Perhaps if you did a key higher than a +7, you might actually see how Guardian’s short comings start to creep up if you don’t run a meta group composition.

6 Likes

Only towards the end. How many cutting edge guilds ran dual blood dk? Multiple ran dual guardian.

Bears need some buffs, but you are downplaying how strong it was in legion.

Bear was fine in Legion. But it wasn’t top. The Roar ability every 60 seconds for all those soaks in ToS was what made Bear so valuable. Outside of that, there were other options for pure damage sponge. After ToS, where soaking wasn’t so much of a thing, Bears fell off compared to several other classes.

1 Like

The only time that cutting edge guilds used double Guardian composition was solely for Tomb and the majority of the reasons behind that was due to the encounter design and the raid wide utility that Stampeding Roar provided for those mechanics – nothing more.

The real irony here is when this is continually brought up, I also want to point out that double of any tank class wasn’t uncommon in Legion. Take a look at one of the very first Mythic Xavius kills; Экзорсус used double Protection Warrior. Or perhaps taking a look at Mythic Argus kills; Экзорсус used double Brewmaster Monk.

And yet here we are and no one wants to use those references to justify why a tank class should be in the state its in now are they?

Just because a spec did well throughout an expansion is in no way justification to rip the spec apart and leave it a husk of what it could do even prior to Legion.

When people used to ask whats the strength of Guardian, my reply was it was the tank with the highest baseline amount of armor and health across any tank because we cannot parry attacks, we have relatively low dodge, and our self healing options are restricted unless we shape shift. The spec used to be the go-to for being able to deal with high damage attacks because our toolkit allowed us to soak it easily – take a beating and still win unlike some other tanks.

None of that is true under the BFA design. So what I want to understand is what is the design goal and future long-term vision for Guardian in Blizzard’s eyes?

A Guardian druid brings absolutely 0 niche when it comes to the tanking world and that is the real crux of the problem. It literally has no strength that sets them apart from the other options available and so most people would prefer to bring something else that actually brings value rather than a knock-off.

4 Likes

What precisely are you referring to here? Bears have an AOE slow, AOE Grip, Knockback, AOE interrupt that doesn’t care about Casting armor (but does care about CC immunity), Instance cast battle rez, self healing, lots of Damage reducing CD’s, ranged pull that produces threat, strong AOE threat, big butts, mobility for themselves and their group as needed, single target and an AOE Root. Hell, their interrupt is also ranged as opposed to melee only.

The only thing they lack right now, realistically, is damage.

So please explain to me, in as much actual detail as you are willing to go into, what is it that they must rely on others in their group for.

1. It’s been hashed over. In several posts. In several threads. In great detail. In greater and lesser forms of confrontation. If you are confused, you haven’t been reading. I feel no need to go over all that ground again.

2. If you think Bears are only missing damage, you really have no idea what you are talking about. But you do you. The rest of us will keep nagging Blizzard (futilely) for those issues where Bear is seriously lacking or super weak to be fixed.

1 Like

HA HA!!! This guy is funny

3 Likes

This guy should host his own comedy show.

3 Likes

I stopped right here. You have absolutely no clue.

3 Likes

Calling it now. 8.2 bears will be so OP you won’t see a single other tank on raider IO. Warriors will stop being the FOTM

Your very first issue is that the ‘AE slow’ (10s out of every 60), the ‘AE grip’ (requires knockback use, does not affect everything automatically), and the AE root (talent conflict with the knockback so nobody takes it) are all highly limited.

The self healing is mostly garbage, the CDs are unremarkable, and the threat/damage is the worst among tanks. Mobility isn’t terribly useful in M+ and it has bad uptime.

But you are clearly either uninformed or a troll, so I probably wasted my time.

5 Likes

Bears should be highest dps tanks or more durable. Right now we are non

1 Like

solely for roar? Are you saying that guardian was not the best tank to deal with claws and the insane damage from KJ auto attack?
You saw dual prot warrior kills on xavius because prot warrior was grossly OP at the launch of emerald nightmare. After the IP nerfs the majority rolled to guardian druid.

Sco soloed Mythic Guldan 100% fel scythes on his bear for progression.

Again, I agree that guardian needs buffs; however, Tewa’s constant downplay of the power of the spec in legion needs to stop.

I main prot paladin…i’ll see if I can find the screen shot I took. At one point in legion for mythic KJ, there was slightly over 900 logs for guardian druids. There was 28 for prot paladin.

No offense, oh great swami’s of the raid, but what does Bear’s solid showing for part of Legion have to do with its currently poor state 1.5 patches into the NEXT expansion?.. (insert some rude comment abt a high school reunion…)
It’s proof that current Bear is meh… even as a newcomer to Guardian. Its gone from super soaker, to the first to tuck and run.

also… lul aoe threat

1 Like

Virtually every group format for 15+ requires a rogue for shroud. If you are ever having threat issues it baffles me.

Even without a rogue I have zero issue holding threat against 25k average DPS classes spiking into the 60k range. Heck on reaping pulls I’ll put up 50k myself, idk press thrash and swipe lol

And if you don’t have a rogue or hunter?

I hold threat. It takes putting off mitigation or healing for a couple gcd’s frequently though. It can be a lot of work/sacrifice. Suppose what im saying is its not an Avengers Shield etc away.
If You’re telling me that going into a 5man with 2 of the 3 dps as classes without burnt in threat reduction (dh, warrior, ret…) and they’re not peeling off? Then they are bad, or you are overgeared, or you’re in dps gear/skipping furs making the healer carry. We are very much wind up toys.
Having to bring a certain class to virtually every scenario, well thats just more proof there are major design flaws. Ya’ll can roll out with a “Harlem Globetrotters starting 5” for your m+, I personally appreciate variety for my $15.

1 Like