Guardian Buffs Incoming - Updated PTR Notes - April 30

I disagree. If the difference is negligible people will still complain and raids/teams will still try to min max for serious raiders. The little buffs till your class overpowered then nerfed to the ground is pretty much this games mantra since inception. I suggest if you like tanking to raise multiple classes and play your druid when you “feel” the class is fun again. (Probably a patch or 2)

Frankly, I’m probably just not going to hit FR unless the pack is down to trivial levels or I think I’m going to die from dots/spells after a typhoon. The chance of it eating all my rage and causing me to drop ironfur stacks is too high.

No, they are not?

Bear is already getting some damage

FR on live, the 24% for 10 rage, heals 2.4% hp per point of rage.

The extra 18% instant heal on ptr for 30 rage heals for 0.6% per point of rage.

It’s highly inefficient, costs as much as an IF, and nullifies most of the rage gains from previous changes on the ptr.

No, I play it while putting needles through my feet.

Yes, because that happens so often, Blizz repeatedly underbuffs so much they accidentally overbuff overtime. Aside from never, yeah.

To be fair, it’s very unlikely that in a pack of mobs this will cost you an ironfur, since rage gen is high in packs. The biggest downside of this change is that it made keeping IF up easy, and at times even keeping up 2 stacks was totally realistic. Now that’s mostly nullified from the extra cost.

At least this kind of helps against dots and magic? eks dee

I never implied that would stop, nor would I expect it to.

And exactly what does that buy us?

The main problem is Blizzard’s focus is everywhere but where it should be and that is on class design making sure that class/spec combinations matter, we all bring a little something that is valued and meaningful to our team, and that players enjoy playing. Nothing else in this game matters if they’ve missed the mark on that. Some class/specs hit the nail here, others completely missed.

They’ve tried a varied number of approaches with classes over the years and I think this is probably its lowest point universally. They need to reflect on when each class/spec was actually good and use that as a starting point going forward. They need to learn to build on what works and not what doesn’t.

I suggest you stop trying to tell me how to play the game.

There are plenty of players, myself included, who are not FotM chasers. I have been a Guardian druid main since TBC and I have no plans to change that. I will continue to advocate for tank balance until I decide this game is no longer worth my time and investment when I see fit.

4 Likes

So far on the PTR there are no dungeons or raids out yet, how are you ‘testing’ these theories?

I haven’t given any theories? Legit just stated what’s on the ptr?

Ah okay. because I thought they released a dungeon or a raid and I missed it in 2 days.

I’d rather FR stay like it is personally, Ill miss my 2 charges, I use EW personally and not GoE.

So far we only know math and im not too enthused about the FR, to me seems like they took it the wrong direction, one less charge and less heal. When im tanking it goes EW or FR and Yseras Gift which are all 3 high, then whatever trinks.

2 Likes

Wow, honestly I hadn’t noticed that they reduced it to 1 charge. That is pretty rediculous - so when exactly are we supposed to use it now lol, what is it supposed to be like another barkskin just on a 30sec cd?

I like how we asked for it to be off the GCD so it was usable and all they did was likely make it so it was basically something we can no longer depend on or use at all…lol

1 Like

:rage: What did that post say

1 Like

“my chihuahua is a better feral than you omegalul”

What exactly are you talking about?

Frenzied Regeneration still has 2 charges its just that we gain the ability to have a second charge at level 63, that is unchanged on the PTR from live. What they are changing on the PTR is to introduce a Rank 3 we gain at level 85 which we did not have previously.

I agree it should be off the GCD, hopefully we’ll get that soon.

But how is it not dependable or usable? The heal actually has the potential to be far more potent thus way more dependable in saving us during high damage spikes versus the current live implementation.

The only real problem with Rank 3 right now is that the healing received per rage spent to maximize Frenzied Regeneration is too expensive, thus highly inefficient.

2 Likes

Maybe I am just bad at reading:

Guardian

• [Frenzied Regeneration]Heals you for 18% of maximum health over 3 sec. Immediately heals you for up to 18% additional health based on Rage spent. 1 charge. Requires Bear Form. Druid - Guardian Spec. Druid - Guardian Spec. 10 Rage. Instant. 36 sec recharge. 1 charge.
  • [Frenzied Regeneration (New)] Frenzied Regeneration will now spend up to 30 additional Rage to immediately heal you for up to 18% additional health. Druid - Guardian Spec. Druid - Guardian Spec.

So you are saying there are still 2 charges, I guess I need to go on the PTR to look because it seems to imply in the notes its reduced

Idk if you mean “babysitting” from a healing stand point but I did a 9 a few days back as discipline priest with a bear tank and it was amazing how well this Druid played as tank, his health rarely ever dropped below 45%. I think this guy/gal was just very good at bear and knew what he/she was capable of and knew what pulls were good and how to do certain pulls by LoSing.

What I’m getting at is: I know a 9 is nothing to brag about but ultimately imo druids can use some tweaking but I think most of the tweaking is the players themselves learning how to use what they got

Depending on gear right now in mid level mythic plus 10 to 14 range, I am healing between 11 and 13 k hps for the entire instance, the FR change will be helpful in getting stacks of grevious off as a bear without having to drop form. It still needs to be off the GCD but overall a step in the right direction as it is a significant increase in healing despite the rage cost. I am sitting about 10.5% leach right now so the increase in dps will help a great deal as well. Add a slow and I think we will make it up the the mid range of tanks and be sort of competitive.

The notes mention that you get the new passive at lvl 85, that consumes the additional rage. You get your second charge of FR at some point during leveling, so the note is acting as if you’re level 1, or something along those lines.

Or, it was the fact that it was a 9.

Taking it off the GCD would not have a significant impact on anything but how it feels.

The heal is larger, but it is extremely inefficient for it’s rage cost.

The rage changes we are getting that were going to make bear more sturdy but more reliable IF uptime and more available double stacks is negated to an extent by this change due to the rage cost being so high. Not completely negated, it is an overall net buff, but for anything aside from pure magic/dot damage, this is not a good change.

Ursol’s vortex has a slow attached to it.

I disagree, Drez on your assessment that this is not a good change. I it still a significant buff therefore a good change. Maybe too much rage cost for fights with constant physical damage but there are multiple times especially in mythic plus this is going to help. I mentioned grevious weeks as an example and all bosses with high magic damage to recover from or bosses with some downtime. For a geared bear right now it will equate to about 25k health back instantly for each 10 rage which is not bad.

1 Like

And a one minute CD. Typhoon and UV are good substitutes, but they do not qualify as an actual slow.

And there are more times where it will break even with now, nullifying the previous buffs, or be worse.

You mean all four of them. What about all the bosses with high physical damage. There’s more of those. The initial changes significantly helped with those. This basically brings us back to where we are now as far as rage expenditure goes.

For a geared druid, each 10 rage spent to the new instant heal will be 6% of their hp. 6% of 430-440k is 25-26k.

Compared to the already existing HoT, which converts 10 rage into 103-106k health.

It’s very, very inefficient.

Drez, and instant 75 plus k heal with the 100 k plus hot is going to be helpful in mythic plus despite its rage cost. I can think of far more bosses than 4 that it is going to be helpful for. You just mentioned 4 magic ones but it is going to be helpful for any bosses where there is physical damage downtime and grevious weeks, multi pack pulling with kiting using blood frenzy so rage wont be an issue.

1 Like

You can heal yourself if there’s downtime. Same thing, you blow all your rage to heal. One just looks cooler.

The point of Blood Frenzy in keys is to make big pulls and sustain multiple stacks of IF during the entire pull, significantly increasing your durability. If you have to blow an entire IF charge’s worth of rage into FR, that’s going to hamper this.

The point of this isn’t that the heal has no uses. The point, for God’s sake, is that the heal is so expensive rage-wise, and so inefficient, that is nullifies the biggest buff so far on ptr, the significant increase to rage gen. What’s the point of blowing your rage healing with FR, if you can’t maintain IF over those next 5 seconds after FR’s heal ticks out and you’re back to square one.

You’re thinking of those first three seconds. What the people in Dreamgrove, and myself, are thinking of is the duration of an entire m+ key, or a boss fight. Which, incidentally, are a lot longer than 3 seconds.

4 Likes