Guardian Buffs Incoming - Updated PTR Notes - April 30

This is not enough they need to take abilities off gcd a few of them bear druid is so clunky its not even funny the fact every ability is on gcd is insane. The survivability is laughable… The damage is still nothing in comparison to any other tank.

honestly, I think maul needs some sort of buff. Or utility added, like it used to reduce the target’s next auto attack. Or make it so that after every so many ironfur uses, maul is 0 rage so that we have a time to use it.

the problem with that thinking is we’re having to compare

Warrior survivability > druid survivability
Warrior damage > druid damage.

Justb ecause a druid can choose to use that rage offensively, it’ll hurt their survivability and even then it still is lesser than a warrior. Also much clunkier in usage because despite what you’re saying, rage regen is NOT nearly even.

Bristling fur CAN generate a lot of rage. But you know why it sucks? Because you need high damage phase for it to work well to get that rage and then to use it for the some seconds after bristling fur has ended. Do you know a fight where you can really abuse this aspect of it? It was much better when it was proactive and not a ‘reactive masquerading as a proactive to reach maximum potential’.

Most of the bosses we phase we’d have to use bristling fur to just get enough rage to keep 2 ironfur up and then follow up for a frenzied regen. MAYBE. Just to shrug off some damage and self heal for maybe one attack. And godawful timing would kill that potential! Yes, it is the recommended talent in this tier, but the ability to maximize what it affect says is… well, awful.

Bristling fur needs to do one of two things. Either reduce damage like it used to directly, or instantly give full rage/ give some extra rage as a base and then increase rage regen over 8 seconds so that it can be used proactive to counter a big hit. We’d be able to have it up, use ironfur before that big hit and then frenzied regen. Not this ‘take big hits first to… hope another big hit happens 8 seconds later’. It is a badly designed talent. Blood frenzy is decent, but we’d need to see just how decent it can become with higher haste gear.

Sorry, I just don’t see how you’re trying to compare warrior and druid rage usage and thinking it’s valid.

I’m not. I was not the person that originally made the comparison. Everything I was saying was about how the comparison was bad.

Hurp durp.

I’m ready to be judged now.

So looking over the changes today, jumping back and forth from the PTR to Live, I noticed a few things about my dmg, or atleast the numbers…

• Thrash on Live for me is 3913 w/ 1706 DOT. On PTR it’s 4391 w/ 1662 DOT.
  • Mangle on Live is 5373, and 6025 on PTR.
  • Swipe went from 3668 on Live to 3579 on PTR
    and for sh*ts and giggles I checked out Moonfire, 919 w/14143 on Live, and 897 w/13803 on the PTR.
    Has anyone else checked their numbers? Seems a bit odd/off that we would lose any numbers at all…

The QoL change to Remove Corrupt is nice for certain instances where a healer might be otherwise occupied, I won’t complain about being able to cast something that doesn’t make me have to drop form, though a heal beyond FR would be nice -_- , The cost of IF going down is always a welcome change.

But I seriously can’t see these changes or buffs being that impactful in regards to our overall gameplay. I really hope they have a few more things to shoot our way before 8.2 goes live… cause this is just salt in the wound to us at this point…

1 Like

Waking dream does wonders

That’s a Resto azerite trait if i’m not mistaken…

Correct. Still works in guardian.

I mean, you’re right in the sense that it will work for guardian, however IMO, a trait that is based on how many rejuvs you have spread out to increase a passive heal doesn’t really sound like a useful tool for a tank class.

I don’t think the answer should lie within AT’s to bring bears up to par w/ other tanks. If we’re forced to take traits, azerite or not, to make up for lacks and problems within our class that other tanks get baseline, that just furthers the gap between us and them. Especially when they are free to choose AT’s that increase their skills and we have to choose them to fill gaps.

2 Likes

At 416, WD increases Yseras from ~2.5k hps to 3.3k hps, passively. Before you pull a pack, throwing out a double rejuv on yourself makes it pretty decent.

Right now in m+ bears use a feral trait so they can actually deal damage+hold thread efficiently. Just using the tools available.

I’m not arguing that other spec traits within our class can or are being used to make us perform better. I’m simply stating that we should not have to resort to that to be able to perform on/at par with other tanks.

Popping rejuv before a pull is fine, and a workable strategy. You get the extra heals, and it bumps the passive. What about bears who chose Resto Affin getting a watered down version of Rejuv, so that we can keep that small buff going and not risk the drop out of tank form?

I don’t think it’s entirely unreasonable to ask that my chosen spec have the tools it needs to remain competitive without having to outsource to other specs traits.

EDIT:
Just to add to that though, it goes back to what I said about us needing to sacrifice a trait that pumps up our toolkit, versus a trait that helps us fill the gap.

I agree. I’ve seen some people broaching the idea of being able to cast regrowth or such in bear form, which I find silly. Rejuv, or even (God willing) swiftment would be pretty nifty. Even if you can only cast them on yourself, for the sake of bargaining.

1 Like

I can get behind this 110%, not asking for the whole world to change, but a little compromise never hurt anything.

but you did say that you can use rage offensively or defensively.

When talking about warriors as a comparison who get options to use defensive and offensive moves sometimes without rage cost and has higher rage regen anyways.

I was literally arguing that while the principle is the same, it’s a bad comparison in practice because of how different the two are.

Read more than just the one comment you seen to be focused on next time.

You were ‘literally’ not.

I did read all your comments. The problem is you’re wrong and making bad comparisons and then changing what you said/meant later because you were called out on it.

I would have let you try to rationalize your stance, but this “nuh uh, I didn’t say that” even though we can CLEARLY SEE YOU SAYING IT MULTIPLE TIMES. Nah, are you sure you’re not trolling?

I’m getting pretty tired of being called a troll by people with less than a hundred posts.

I’m even re-reading the debacle of a back and forth I had with Ms-aggressive over there, to double check.

I was not the one to originally bring up maul. I did not make the initial comparison to warriors. I did not say druids and warriors have the same rage generation or expenditure.

I did say that you can use the rage offensively or defensively, which is…correct? So what exactly is the problem.

Because the number of posts I have here is somehow relevant to the argument?

Trolling AND logical fallacies!

You said that, yes, but why did you even say it? because you were trying to say they were like warriors who have options to not spend rage for those things and on a class that gets far more rage? you get the point yet? YOU mentioning it means you think druids and warriors are comparable when they’re not.

also I have a lot more than the 5 post it seems to say is on my profile, it decides to change which character I post with on the forums at a whim and I guess that resets it.

1 Like