Guardian Buffs Incoming - Updated PTR Notes - April 30

It used to be an unbreakable AoE fear, but that was removed to give us vortex. Not a trade I was happy with.

Yeah, honestly fear seems better for theme as well. Not sure why this was changed…

Because the developers listen to the wrong people.

When you’re raiding and currently the “off” tank, and you have the azerite trait that lowers the cost of Iron fur for every Maul up to 3 uses, you can use it to build up a free Ironfur for the next taunt, which puts you way ahead on mitigation…It also ups your single target damage a decent amount.

#FRofftheGCD.

Please blizzard… just give this filthy casual this one change.

1 Like

Posting my feedback from another thread here for visibility:
I’ve mained or at least played Guardian for a long time. Here’s some feedback based on main tanking WoD raids, and dabbling in Legion and BfA.

I miss Rage of the Sleeper. A combo defensive/offensive cooldown felt really good for the spec. 90 seconds gave it just enough frequency to mix things up.

I miss Maul being off the GCD. This, combined with Ironfur being off the GCD created a satisfying 2-later feel to the gameplay. You would hit your normal Thrash, Swipe, Mango, Moonfare, etc – but in addition to that, you either spend rage on Maul or Ironfur, making about half of your button presses 2 buttons at once. That part, especially, made Guardian feel unique and engaging.

Taking Maul off the GCD and giving Rage of the Sleeper back would honestly fix the spec for me.

You’re absolutely right. Rage generation between Guardians and warriors is not a fair comparison at all.

With intercept, demo shout, and avatar vastly lowering the cd on our rage generation aoe spell and spent rage lowering the cds of Demo and avatar in return, warriors are never starved for rage. A truly unfair comparison indeed.

And guardian has blood frenzy for dungeons and BF for raids. Not exactly a drought.

The difference is night and day with rage spending priorities.

1. Shield bloc usage is limited by its charges and internal cd.
  2. ignore pain has a cap.

Using these active mitigation spells on cd is never a problem. In fact it quite possible to even begin a pull from 0 and have these up and running without even needing to hit something.

So it’s not at all uncommon for a warrior to dump a little rage with revenge, although still generally frowned upon.

This is not the case at all with druids. Iron fur can be stacked as much a rage permits. Except rage doesn’t permit. (See blizzards patch notes). It’s a problem for us to even maintain 1 stack. We rely on traits procs and rng. It’s pathetic.

Only if you have brambles, in which case you’re choosing that.

And if you don’t need the rage for the defensive, you can use it with an offensive instead. Literally the same principle.

Oh. Ok then. I guess these guardian changes aren’t needed then. No need to lower the rage cost or increase rage generation. We’re fine.

It’s brambles that was the problem.

Thanks kid.
You fixed guardian!!!
/thread

1 Like

That’s not…what I said?

You’re really bad at carrying a discussion, but you’re really good at putting words in my mouth.

You’re not really saying anything.

Just trolling as usual.

So you misinterpret what I say, contribute nothing to the discussion but arguments and aggression, and call me a troll.

Good stuff.

Yup. Good bye!

I feel like taking maul off the gcd seems like its plausible, as it seems doubtful were getting fr off. Ill admit it does feel like it would smooth out the rotation a bit

2 Likes

So… when are these changes happening? Nothing was done this patch at all…

A Sabertooth like ability might be fun. It would liven up the rotation a little bit and bring maul back into the rotation.

Maul can extend the duration of iron fur the same way FB extends Rip. It would solve the problem of having to prioritize damage vs mitigation. You get both.

1 Like

/10charact

REALLY hoping the PTR comes up sometime today and we can play around with bear changes. I’ve read some people talk about rage regen+IF uptime w/ the new changes but I wanna play around with them myself

Edit: The ptr is updating odd timing