Guardian Buffs Incoming - Updated PTR Notes - April 30

Playing Dev-il’s advocate here -_-’

While the changes coming aren’t what we’ve been begging/pleading for directly, the release was titled “Initial Changes”. So fingers crossed, we could see more of what we actually want/need for our spec.

1 Like

Oh, this again. You sound like every apologist going all the way back to BfA alpha.

3 Likes

No no Tewa, i’m not apologizing or giving any kind of “lets love and thank our masters for their blessing” of class changes.

I’m simply remaining hopeful that we get MORE. We got lack luster changes in 8.1.5, but they were still changes. 8.2 could have rolled around and given us nothing at all.

It’s similar to what Pinehardt said over in the Feedback, Stockholme, we’re happy to have something over nothing, but it doesn’t stop me from wanting and saying we still need more.

1 Like

And history has shown that this is it. Unless we make a stink.

2 Likes

That’s fair. We’re up to what now?, almost 1200 in the feedback and not a single response? They don’t listen to us; clearly.

I’m a nobody to them, not a fancy streamer or theorycrafter. I just love playing my big ball of fur. So I just gotta have hope a light bulb will click on in one of their heads and they’ll see what we’ve been saying since the Alpha

1 Like

I think this must be the save level of being out of touch that the devs are at.

You know what would be a nice aspect of Bear Tanking?

If Stam was made into a Primary stat for us, and Armor actually receives direct gains from Stam. We still gain Dodge from Agi, but Stam adds to our Armor.

Fat Bears means more Bulk to protect us.

Agility plays into our armor with IF. It’s one of the reasons why Bears scale so well - as our primary stat, Agility, (which is the biggest stat we have) grows, our armor increase from IF grows proportionately with it. Thus great scaling towards the end of the xpac.

In order to make us great meat shields again, they need to adjust the outcome of each point of Mastery, so that we actually get more health/healing, so we can be health pools and go back to being punching bags.

Yeah, but I meant we should get bonus Armor for Stam.
Once upon a time, Stam use to be as equally important as Agi.

Your threads are not the only ones that get read. :astonished: Imagine that.

If I find the thread I’ll link it but I don’t think I read it on the post update forums so I might have to dig for it. There isn’t anything wrong with people giving feedback that doesn’t align with yours or wanting abilities to see more usage and I don’t think being aware of more than a handful of threads makes anyone out of touch.

1 Like

I can understand all the ‘underwhelmed’ reactions I’m reading (I’m in that camp too) but I’m hopeful initial changes eludes to further changes. I’m still a little upset the length of time that has passed that it’s been pretty clear to the collective community that bears have been subpar for a bit.

I can’t help but feel some of these changes couldn’t have been simple hotfixes, as it would maybe help the few bears hoping to tank Crucible.

I’m also more excited about further qol changes to feral. I’m not sure why rebirth was taken away from us in cat form, but maybe they saw all this castable utility as a sign ferals would never have to shift out of form? Not sure.

Some of the feral changes I’m hoping to see is:

1. Change to haste, perferably the amount of attack speed we get from haste opening up more haste centric builds centered around MoC
  2. Essences that hope to improve energy regen
  3. Make BT also increase the duration of next 2 abilities as well as damage by 25%
1 Like

Even if there are more changes coming, what makes you think they’ll be for Guardian?

When they say “initial” changes that probably means the rest are for other classes. They also specifically said they’ll be doing PvP tuning.

What would be great is if somebody from Blizzard would read the Guardian feedback thread, which has been going since BfA Beta and is still active in the development forum.

5 Likes

Alludes, not eludes.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was trying to say the initial changes, you know, ran away and hid from possible future changes

duh

Maul hitting multiple targets is a horrible idea and anyone who actually plays a guardian or prot warrior for that matter would know why. It costs a ton of rage.

Warriors overcome this issue with revenge procs, making the ability free of cost.

We don’t have free mauls. (and I’m not about to suggest we copy/paste more warrior abilities)

Any guardian worth his salt would know this. There are a ton of problems with people giving feedback who don’t understand the class. Like I said… Your level of comprehension is likely on par with the devs. OUT OF TOUCH

Just need the Luffa wrappings, then we’d be able to touch.

You had a full conversation in your head from start to finish over maul and revenge when you don’t need free procs to make maul usable you just need better rage generation.

Gore already exists so the interaction is there. Your not getting any good gameplay out of lunar beam, Incarn isn’t very popular , even though GG could use some adjusting. At best a change like this converts excess rage to damage which should happen with the PTR changes and at worst it is either not impactful/useful depending on content, or not enjoyable because it doesn’t change much of anything. It’s a long shot to call it a bad change when it only adds damage and implementation wouldn’t likely be to just slap 2 targets on the tooltip and run with it.

The underlying theme from the thread was something along the lines of snap aggro and overall damage / threat generation. It might not have been the greatest suggestion but it was still a logical step forward from that player that could have probably worked in some way if the devs saw any inherent benefits to it. Addressing the issue with Thrash direct damage was just more effective.

I get that the general perception is that feedback either comes from discord or it’s not good but I personally still value everything even if you feel like that makes me out of touch.

2 Likes

That’s just it though. We don’t need better rage generation. The problem lies with the costof abilities and their priority vs survival. Blizzard addressed this in their patch notes. 100% uptime on Iron fur should be obtainable for guardians, and that simply isnt the case. The cost reduction of spells and increased rage generation is a step in the right direction, But the true issue lies in old abilities (maul) not being compatible with the new method of tanking (active mitigation), regardless of how many stupid azerite traits or “essences” they try and throw at us.

Maul is, and has always been a rage dump. From vanilla to cata this was the norm. It was off the gcd and could be used in tandem with other attacks. In fact it was quite the norm to see maul bound to other abilities via macros. Set it and forget it.

With the new paradigm of tanking (active mitigation), maul now becomes obsolete due to the fact that rage must be used on Iron fur and Frenzied regen. There’s just no good reason to use it.

While the idea of maul hitting multiple targets is great in theory, (resembling a warriors reveng ability). The cost will forever be it’s downfall. We simply do not have rage to dump, and if we did, We will spend it on more Iron fur stacks.

Do I need to be any more clear on this?

The fact that I’ve even had to explain this has led me to dismiss your contributions to this thread. Can we get someone else to discuss guardian please?

2 Likes

I think his point is that there are bigger, more impactful, changes that would be better to chase than “Oh look, Maul (a super expensive damage ability) can now hit 2 targets!”. I’d have to agree. As a bow on top change for the future? Sure, whatever. But until then, let’s go for the things that actually matter.

What folks want, with a change like that, is to change how the spec feels to play. In other words, a spec re-work which we have been told is a new expac design type of thing. So, let’s table the Maul hitting 2 targets and all those other non-sensical “improvements” for now and focus on what would actually help now. I don’t see the point of fighting with devs over an ability that… doesn’t matter. I’d rather focus on getting our snare back. Or a dps cooldown. Or an adjustment to Mastery/hps.

3 Likes