Guardian Buffs Incoming - Updated PTR Notes - April 30

Instead, they just take more damage and require more healing than dk and paladin, who have their self healing. And I really disagree that bear is less spiky than paladin.

I feel like this is gonna be a reoccuring thing, at higher ilvls, bear slowly creeps its way up the tier list as huge hp pools, decent armor gains as well as mastery helps healers alot

Every tank scales well with gear. If you want to get technical, monk probably scales best, but the difference is pretty minimal.

I was trying to elude bears scale better than most, but yeah I have read monks scale incredibly well, especially for raids.

If you want to get REALLY technical, everyone scales with gear

: P

I completely disagree. In fact, I’d argue that the changes they’re proposing actually loosens an already cookie-cutting / pigeon-holed build we typically take today because certain talents clearly excel beyond the other no matter the scenario.

I haven’t ran the numbers yet, but I could possibly see for single-target where we can actually take Soul of the Forest and do competitive (if not more damage) than a Guardian that has traditionally taken Galactic Guardian. I believe that’s actually a good step as it once again gives us agency in focusing on where we feel our bulk damage should be, AoE or boss.

With the damage boost to Mangle and Thrash, that may now mean that there are possible reasons to take Incarnation over Galactic Guardian. There has been minimal reason to take Incarnation since Mangle and Thrash hit like noodles.

I also don’t the Level 90 or Level 100 choices really deviating from what players are already picking on those rows. The same rules will continue to apply. Specifically for Level 100, if your a numbers player, you’re going to take Rend and Tear. If you’re a player that prefers mitigation, you’re going to take Pulverize.

As for Brambles, I think that will continue to be content or player choice driven. I most likely will continue to use Blood Frenzy as pairing it with the possibly more viable talent choices like Incarnation will likely be our new super bear defensive mode where we can actually maintain ridiculous stacks of Ironfur on those really dangerous pulls that we’ve traditionally avoided or regret.

TLDR: I just do not see talent agency as doom-and-gloom as you described it.

1 Like

Guardians can easily overlap multiple IF applications or use certain azerite traits to get multiple applications to proc, but I can assure you that no Guardian is able to maintain 2 IF stacks at a or near a 100% up-time interval.

6 Likes

No, like. no one scales that much better than anyone else. That’s a thing of the past, specs haven’t scales SUPER INSANE since like, MoP. There was some absurdity in Antorus, but that’s because of just how stupidly high ilvls got, not how the specs themselves are designed to scale. If that makes sense.

Possibly, but I can’t help but wonder if there is some merit to Wildheart’s theory.

There have been times as tiers get released and secondary budgets go up, certain tank class power feels as though it increases ever so slightly more exponential than others which feel more linear.

it just seems like there are certain tanks are not as clunky or impacted by the lower secondary budgets we tend to work with in the earlier tiers and as those budgets increase, the scale is very linear where other tanks are more penalized upfront with the lower secondary budgets but come into their own and actually become strong, ideal candidates toward the later part of the expansion.

2 Likes

Let’s assume thinking +100 ilvl from now.

DK can have essentially infinite RP gen, and require little external healing. Prot will have extremely high armor, and a crit block will reduce an attack by as high as 90%+. Paladin will have high SotR uptime and low CD on HotP. Druid will have high uptime on multi-stack ironfur and maybe a not-stupid CD on Frenzied regen. Monk will have essentially free reign to rotation IsB-Purifying-repeat.

If you want to get technical, vdh is probably the only tank spec that doesn’t really scale well with gear, due to all the crap they lost with their artifact.

You very well could be right, it just doesn’t correlate with my own experience, but perhaps there were other factors at play which gave that feeling that I simply do not recall.

1 Like

^ This

In fact its happened on two occasions that blizzard completely fudged the numbers and produced avoidance capped tanks in black temple/sunwell and again in ICC. They had to introduce a special buff to the raid bosses to account for this.

TY this is what I’m trying to tell my guild on why I’m not happy with them just changing iron fur!

I agree with the changes not being enough to make up for gutting our toolkit.

I know this is only the first wave but I really hope someone reads any amount of the posts about Guardian on these forums and changes some of the things we’ve been talking about.

1 Like

When you say “avoidance cap” are you talking about the CTC?

1 Like

Good start…thanks! Can entangling roots be included in this as well?

1 Like

Good Lord… ABOUT TIME.

BUT…

These are VERY minor buffs.

1 Like

Strangely enough these changes are not really what has been asked for by the Guardian Community, or address what is really wrong with Guardian. Just another sign about how out of touch the devs still are.

5 Likes

You are the most dedicated forum troll ever.

I notice you chime in any time someone points out that something is bad like a guardian druid and then you come in just saying NOPE iS GOOD l2p.

Sad really.

4 Likes

What did you want to see added / addressed?

There are about 100 or more threads in this forum that go into great detail about what guardians want.

Pick one.

4 Likes