Guardian Buffs Incoming - Updated PTR Notes - April 30

Archimtiros, 2019-“Dungeon Slice works, though it itself isn’t a completely optimized fight style (which we’re working on improving), rather than the APL not being optimized for it”

The sims works. But it’s a new, unoptimized sim. I never once suggested using it. You did.

If only there was a log of some kind I could look at then.

A large portion of “dungeon logs” are from people’s WCL automatically logging. There’s a feature in BigWigs/DBM to automatically log on a pull timer.

Those logs are not viewable, and contain skewed data, as they typically only contain bosses and odd trash packs.

The only actual full dungeon logs are the ones you can actually click on and view the log. To say this skews the data to an annoying degree is to make a serious understatement.

I enjoy looking at logs. They are fun to me. I enjoy reviewing logs for people. Kind of hard to do that when almost every log is shot for m+.

You should go do that then.

I tried to be a not-total-jerk for once. Like, I made an effort to have discussions mid-debates in this threat.

Yall some angry people.

Yeah.
That’s unfortunate.
I guess people just dont take kindly to trolls who offer no original thought of their own and just pick apart at everyones posts with logical fallacies. To say you are annoying would be an understatement.

Maybe offer some insight of your own for once, offer up new ideas rather than just trying to tear down everyone else.

7 Likes

but how else are they going to be able to say something only to later claim they didn’t say it, but they actually said something that wasn’t there in the first post?

The whole point of the sims, even if they are skewed and for M+ only is to show damage potential. In this case, since part of utility is how much damage one can dish out, it’s not even. To balance itself out, if druids are to remain lower on damage, they still need something

Tank utility can run a gamut of effects (and has in the past before support abilities were pruned)
*Adding healing/offhealing
*Crowd control
*being able to buff other tank (such as being able to use demoralizing roar back when it reduced damage enemies used, essentially if your other tank lacked this effect, it was buffing the other tank.

So far the only real thing bear has nobody else has is stampeding roar. Which isn’t… too useful on most fights to compensate.

You could always do what I did. Quote me saying it.

Can you tell me, because I’m curious if you even know, what a Dungeon Slice sim actually is.

Except it’s been done and you still deny what you’ve said.

And if you think the qualifier of ‘dungeon slice’ is your gotchya, you’re still fallacious. Dungeon slice is a program that tries to take a small time within the dungeon to try to gauge effectiveness, generally done over 6 seconds which while it isn’t accurate for a dungeon’s entirety it still can be used to say if a tank’s damage in a 6 minute window is comparable.

The only things you’ve quoted of me was me saying one thing, and you interpreting it or saying “So you clearly meant this actually” which is, well, mind blowing.

I was actually curious if you actually knew, and based off this

You don’t.

What does anything you just said have to do with this thread?

Contribute something meaningful or forever be labeled the hideous troll you are.

2 Likes

I think the ptr changes should be hot fixed right now, they can wait on the warrior nerf till the next patch so it will no change progression but I have always wondered why obvious needed balance buffs had to wait so long to occur. It is not enough but a step in the right direction. Just need a slow baked in and FR to be more effective and at least of the global cooldown or being able to cast heals in bear and we would be fairly competitive.

The fact that Blizzard lets certain specs/classes completely dominate for half an expansion or more is proof that they are not trying to perfectly balance the game. There is no other way to explain how Resto Druids have dominated dungeons for two expansions (thanks by the way) or how Rogues and Demon Hunters have completely dominated Mythic+ this expansion. Why do we have to wait months at a time to get simple changes that are so obviously and sorely needed? I’ll tell you why, it’s because of their stupid philosophy that being within 5 or 10% of each other is just fine and dandy. Well, it’s not. The specs are close enough now, just finish the job. Giving every tank a way to mitigate magic damge isn’t homogenization if the flavor is there. Magic mitigation is not something that any tank should specialize in because it makes the others seem weak or worthless in comparison. Same with self sustain. Flavor, flavor, flavor.

I really just want the passive slow from Thrash back again, Blood Claws I believe it was called or something like that.
I believe we had it before Legion so it’s not as if it’d be a skill we forgot with the loss of power from the artifact weapon. It doesn’t make ANY sense why it was removed and why we STILL don’t have it back yet.

1 Like

their corporate number crunching that see’s the majority of FOTM, pvp, terribad pve’ers, infrequent subs, etc roll their face through content on said over buffed classes.
If their classes sucked then they wouldnt re’sub and log in a cpl times a month.
The lesser classes most likely are long termers, guaranteed monthly’s etc… They (we) still gonna sub and play.
They dont catch it up to speed because well they just dont have to.
I bet reliable to subscribe long term prot warriors #'s fell low enough for them to hastily buff above for a good dose of it. Call me ignorant but the buff/player base trends stand out badly since the craptivision merge aye? Maybe more reasons why they lock $#'s down these days.

Ffs a mild slow, and a minor magic mitigation method. A lil more damage would be appreciated without sacrificing defensives …
Not gonna lie though, super stoked at the possible rage buffs!

Take off your tin foil hat.

Yet you rebroadcast the juicy part. @propaganda #buffbearskthx

+1 villains

Honey hotpie is a reasonable substitute in the meantime. It’s not like 100 agi food buff is anything amazing to miss out on.

It was called Infected Wounds pre-Legion, and we had it since vanilla.

Feral Druids still have it, although it only applies to Rake, now.

Guardian

Frenzied Regeneration (Rank 3) is learned at level 85:
    Frenzied Regeneration spends up to 30 additional Rage to immediately heal you for up to 18% additional health.
        Note: This spell is affected by Guardian of Elune, but not affected by mastery.

Well… More minor changes. Not what was needed. Definitely not what was asked for. Further pushing Guardian of Elune over the other 2 talents on that row. Pigeon-holing continues. Still doesn’t really help. An overly-complicated way of trying to make FR worth actually using without just doing the smart thing and taking it off the GCD while increasing the heal.

Still looking for the other issues to be addressed. I guess if we get something every other week, we might eventually get to having a snare added back, along with maybe a dps cooldown. Not sure if there will be enough time for much more than that though. Molasses moves faster than Blizzard “fixes” these days.

Edit: The forum they are using to discuss these adjustments has shifted. Find this new discussion here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/upcoming-ptr-class-changes-4-23/158332

1 Like