Group-Que Bullies

Recently had to deal with Group-Qued Bullies in LFR across a few toons and the last couple of weeks. The situation is usually that it’s Tanks that do not know what to do for boss fights in the Abberus Raid LFR and or griefing. Examples, not splitting up to platforms on Assault, not taunt swapping Fire/Earth Crush on Rashok, Running around with boss the entire time for Amalgamation/Experiments, Pulling 5-6 packs of trash mobs, or Rushing into a boss room and starting encounter with people outside the door.

When questioned about needing help about the mechanics, asking them to make reasonable pulls, or really any comment on the behavior the Group-Qued people start vote kicking people. And because they have 5-7 people they can kick anyone they want without needing anyone else in the LFR to assist. This creates a toxic play experience not only for having to deal with people queing for vital roles within LFR that cannot perform those roles or willfully griefing the group, but also that to identify these actions means the person risks getting removed from a group that could impact hours and hours of gameplay time.

This isn’t limited to LFR, as I have also experienced this many times in the random dungeon ques. Group ques with someone in a key role but having three people means they control who stays or gets kicked out of a group.

The options for reporting in queued content are severely lackluster compared to many other games that use similar systems. Even other Blizzard games have better reporting options.

If you have an idea for a better system, you’re welcome to share it in the Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios forum or you can use the in-game suggestion feature too.

But someone not pulling how you want them to or not tanking how you think they should, is not “griefing” nor is “griefing” something you can report in WoW as it simply boils down to “Someone doing something I don’t like.”

Put those players on ignore, and you’ll not be grouped with them in LFD/LFR.

10 Likes

There is no solution for your post. As perl said, if you have a suggestion for a better system, feel free to share it in the appropriate place.

4 Likes

Understand that only a Blizz employee or yourself, could have flagged it as the resolution. In this case, I’m it was a Blizz employee that had tagged my response as the solution, likely because it was correct (even if it wasn’t what you wanted to hear). I’m a player just like you, only with a great deal of understanding of Blizz rules and how they work.

If people are “flaming” someone and the text is a violation of the rules, right-click and report it.

Otherwise, if a group votes to kick someone out, it’s a majority rules situation with only a few exemptions when it comes to LFD. If a group of guildies come together in a LF dungeon, and they vote someone out, then do it again etc., their vote to kick timer gets increased making it virtually impossible for them to vote someone out until they actually complete a dungeon in a group without a kick. Then, and only then, the timer get decreased.

It’s extremely rare that this scenario gets discussed these days as I believe it’s very rare that it actually happens.

That said, you’ve not yet posted anything that’s a violation of the rules unless there was inappropriate chat involved.

Which leads us back to the fact that if you have a constructive suggestion to make, you’ll want to use the proper forum or the in-game suggestion feature.

9 Likes

You’ve been given solid advice.

While not perfect, the kick feature is a balance between letting players not have to be with someone they find objectionable - and those that used to keep a group hostage when it worked differently.

Perl is correct in where that type of suggestion will be seen - as well as further details in how the kick function currently works.

7 Likes