Group finder elitism

Is it just me or does group finder feel a lot more elitist than it did back in the day? I’m a fresh 80 3.8k gs enhance sham. Been doing a few H+ for gear and emblems. I do research to make sure I know mechanics and what situational totems to drop, and I keep up with more geared dps on the meters. None of that seems to matter since I still have people who won’t invite me the second I tell them my GS. I spend more time sitting in LFG and whispering groups than I do actually playing. Anyone else having an issue with this?

4 Likes

If you’re 3800 gs you should be fine for H+ content, but I definitely wouldn’t call you a fresh 80, which is not the target audience H+ is for.

Still, this gs filtering is an issue with the community for sure. If you’re looking for a suggestion, be the change you want to see in the world. Start your own group and invite people who are geared appropriately for the content instead of people who are vastly over geared?

For what it’s worth, as a roughly 4k gs feral druid who both tanks and does DPS, I haven’t had much trouble getting groups for H+ when I want to do them.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just my server since I’m on Faerlina but I never get invites. Just whispers for my GS then no reply. But you’re right I should just start forming my own groups. Also I wouldn’t say I’m fresh 80 either in terms of gear, but definitely fresh in terms of hitting 80 in the past few days (had tons of badges ready to go for ilvl 200 gear then spent a good amount of money on AH for more). I had a 4.6k aff lock in one group say I was under geared for H+ VH lol

1 Like

Yea, I realize you can gear up quickly, but I think the term “Fresh 80” relates more to your gear/power level than the actual length of time you’ve been 80. The gearscore you’re at now is equivalent to Naxx10 in Phase 1, so you’ve already outpaced most of the gear you can get even from Heroic+.

Yea, people are just downright dumb sometimes. A lot of folks just turn their brain off and think “high number go brrrr lulz”. It was a problem in OG WotLK and it’s a problem now.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. Been trying to find Naxx and EOE groups too and that’s even worse. Guess it’s time to start putting the effort in and get my own groups together

1 Like

3.8k is more than enough… and that’s closer to Naxx gear than fresh 80.
Anyone above 3.5k can easily do H+.
You’re carrying if they are 3k or less, though.

2 Likes

Thank you! Glad to know I’m not crazy lol. Like I said I perform fine, I just have trouble finding groups. People just want giga pumpers for the quickest run possible I guess?

Just lie and say you’re 4.5k gs, it doesn’t matter and group probably be too lazy to kick you.

I’m glad I’m on a server where people don’t care about gs. I never do as the tank or healer.

2 Likes

Best answer :joy: I’ll take that advice

The dungeon finder in OG wrath wasn’t elitist because you got automatically added to a group and teleported to the dungeon, and it didn’t have a vote out feature initially.

The dungeon finder in Classic wrath is great because you can be elitist. No one wants to carry severely undergeared alts of people they don’t even know through content. The people that complain about gearscore addons, gearscore requirements, etc are the same people trying to join pug Ulduar 25 raids in greens and blues.

2 Likes

by this, you
mean that people actually care and invests time at the game ?

1 Like

yeah because h+ is such difficult content right lmao this is why finding groups is so hard and why people think they aren’t allowed to do h+ and stick to regular heroic even though they’re both piss easy. DISGUSTANG

I don’t really care what gear score people are.

I’ve come to the realization when you’re as good as me you’re caring everybody anyway.

Geared not geared I’m still carrying them

1 Like

It’s pretty silly to gatekeep dungeons.

2 Likes

Hearing someone at 3.8gs rejected for heroic+ is funny. Most groups I do don’t even check rating. But ya that’s more than enough.

2 Likes

You can’t do heroic+ on a sock puppet.

:axe:

Average gs has been growing because of Ulduar and people have become greedy. Unfortunately it is what it is. It probably doesn’t help that nobody levels alts without JJ and RDF.

1 Like

You people BEGGED for no dungeon finder, this is what you get.

Something about reaping what you sow? Consequences of your own actions?

3 Likes

I’d rather have the current system where I can advertise my own group and invite whoever I want, rather than wait 30 minutes in a queue only to get kicked out by an elitist group who isn’t happy with the gear I happen to have, thanks.

This problem that’s happening right now… it’s a player attitude problem, not a game system’s problem. We need to treat it for what it is. Stop trying to make everything about RDF.

1 Like

You literally can’t vote to kick for 15 minutes by then the whole dungeon will be done

3 Likes