Group Finder Authenticator Req

Yep, and true, would have been more expensive and taken weeks to send em back and receive new ones.

They came out in 2008 and were given away for Blizzcon that year :slight_smile:

I still hate the postpaid phone requirement for sms. I’m not switching plans just so I can edit groups/have 4 extra backpack slots.

I just wish they gave an alternative or just allowed prepaid phone numbers.

Maybe it was 2008 I just know that was the year the servers crashed 10min after they opened up ticket sales and was mostly down for days. It was so bad that I had a T-shirt made with failbot on it to wear to the convention.

They need to just remove the requirement. If I was a new player and saw all the disgusting wording/locks etc - it makes group finder look horrible - the fact I see just as many WTS ads tells me the change was useless and fixed nothing anyway.

2 Likes

I understand why they did it, as bot accounts don’t have authenticators most times, but still, it screws a lot of people.

Any possible scenarios Blizzard will make a solution for people without a phone? At least for creating groups? I moved to Asia from EU a few years ago. Just dinged 60 on my US WoW, but still my original account created in 2005. Not eligible here for a postpaid plan… if I was getting one in my gf’s name, I’d still had to pay 25 dollar a month to play wow… I just use prepaid here, my old plan from my home country is canceled many years ago… It is M+ which makes the game appealing to me but I have to be able to create groups for it…