Ground target spells casting at cursor sometimes

Hello, I play resto druid and when I try to cast Efflorescence in combat it seems to randomly decide to want to pull up the targeting circle or cast at the cursor. The only thing I know for sure is that it only happens to me in combat, but otherwise none of the game settings seem to do anything at all.

I’ve tried changing the mouseover cast settings in the click casting menu and the combat menu, I’ve tried changing the click cast modifier (and the self-cast modifier just for fun), and I’ve tried changing the hotkey the spell is on. Normally I cast it with alt + a number key, I tried changing it to just a regular number key in case the alt modifier was the issue but it still casts the spell at the cursor if it wants to do that, and sometimes not if it doesn’t feel like it. I obviously tried turning off my addons and restarting and that also didn’t do anything. Has anyone else had this issue/knows what to do?

1 Like

I have the same issue. I had to just not use Click Casting unfortunately.

Ok so since coming back one I click a ground target spell the green big circle stays up including camera movement and character movement. Only way to get the green target off of my screen is when I hit esc or actually click the spell again.

I like this, no problem and during movement the target would only go as far as the spells range which was nice.

NOW any camera movement at all makes the cursor and the green target completely disappear buuuut here’s the kicker it acts like the target is still on the ground just invisible because if I move the cursor after it disappears and then click the spell to cast it will cast where my invisible cursor is.

The spell doesn’t get canceled but the target disappears. I’m garbage at explaining but I want the green target up even with camera movement

Any suggestions

So far I’ve just been using @cursor and or blind guessing where the reticle is and hoping I’ve placed it correctly but it’s still an annoying change after getting used to something for since entire pre patch