Grong deserves a statue in Stormwind

It’s the least the greatest hero of the alliance could get.

Edit: Side request: Blademaster Telaamon should be standing right beside him!
I miss those two. =c

57 Likes

FINALLY a respectable Male Human Paladin ™ post.

29 Likes

Lets not just overlook how this is a semi sentient animal the Alliance are literally torturing so it fights for them. So dog fighting, animal cruelty, and animal abuse. PETA would have your heads.

7 Likes

I think it would be cool if they did honor him some way in SW.

4 Likes

Someone didn’t do the 8.1 Alliance war campaign :thinking:

17 Likes

You mean the nonsense where he volunteers to be electrically shocked into combat? Yeah you can write whatever you want but that doesn’t excuse your actions.

13 Likes

He was actually the one that developed and volunteered for it. The gnomes were trying to do something similar but failed miserably.

18 Likes

He joined the Alliance because the goblins and the Horde started invading his glade and killing his people.

25 Likes

And what did he get for it? I’m not saying we’re innocent. Heck we attempted to wipe out an entire populace of people. But the Alliance are no better.

2 Likes

That moment when a male human paladin schools you. :+1: for the shame

14 Likes

Only if horde gets his skeleton as a statue for us, one of bwonsamdis greatest creations!

3 Likes

You did notice where i said he volunteers for it before Laundrian did right?

It’s still nonsense. Heck Blizzard could write in that all the Night Elves volunteered to be exterminated by Sylvannas. Doesn’t change the fact that we chose to burn the tree with all those innocents on it.

Anymore than that nonsense backstory justifies gnomish machines shocking him repeatedly to make him fight harder.

1 Like

That actually be cool.

Of course the Alliance isn’t any better, the good people are folk like the Pandaren, both the Alliance and Horde are two militaristic superpowers that seek peace by war.

4 Likes

“I don’t like the story and it’s stupid, clearly it has no bearing on the actual story!”

9 Likes

Hey, he deserves a burial, alright?

2 Likes

Grong was a true hero of the Alliance and he shall be remembered as such.

He truly deserves to be honored. A statue would be nice.

2 Likes

“Blizzard wrote me an excuse in so neener neener my clearly evil actions to someone who joined our side willingly aren’t evil because reasons!”

Ask yourself this, if he wasn’t a giant monkey, if he was just a human, and your heard him roaring in pain every time they shocked him to make him fight harder, would you feel the same?

3 Likes

Actually…The Horde has tried to “wipe out an entire populace of people” at least three times that I remember as of right now…probably more. Quite succesfully too.

Now you may say “alliance is no better”… I dont claim to decide what’s good and whats evil but, dunno, somehow I feel “better” not being the one who starts every war and every slaughter. Just me thou.

5 Likes

Nah. We gonna glue him together and let the kids play on him like a jungle gym!