Grobbulus World Event: Assault on the Barrens

Two mysterious figures sit in the corner of the Pig and Whistle Tavern in Stormwind. They obviously were trying to remain unnoticed, as they were whispering under their breath back and forth. If you listened carefully however you could hear their conversation. This is what could be heard;

Figure 1: “Do you think this will work? Do you think we will have the forces to pull this off?”

Figure 2: “I am not sure, but the Alliance has been fragile ever since the king has gone missing. We need to send a message to those monsters that they have no place on Azeroth.”

Figure 1: “I agree I just hope the Alliance can unite as one to do this. There are just so many things that could go wrong, defeat isn’t an option.”

Figure 2: “I have my own reservations as well, but I have confidence the Alliance can unite for this cause. However we need to start preparing now.”

Figure 1: “Alright, I will begin to spread word about the assault and report back to you when I begin to hear back from our allies.”

Figure one stands, nods and exits the tavern. Figure two moments later stands and exits as well.

Hello Grobbulus! I come to you with a server event that the whole community can do as one. The premise is simple, the Alliance are going to assault the Barrens. How that is done is completely up to those that wish to be involved. The only stipulation is you must enter into the Barrens from either Duskwallow Marsh, Ashenvale or the boat from Booty Bay at the start of the event. Not before. You can not plant yourself somewhere beforehand. The idea is the Alliance forces are to march into the Barrens.

Horde, your job is to defend the Barrens from the Alliance forces. You can place your forces at 3 locations before the event begins, Camp Taurajo, Crossroads and at the entrance from Durotar into the Barrens but don’t leave those locations until the event starts. The idea here is so the battle actually makes it into the Barrens and doesn’t stay on the borders. The Alliance can attack anywhere and anything in the Barrens, but the battle is to stay in the Barrens. It doesn’t matter how Horde and Alliance forces want to do this. They can work with other guilds, they can attend as a guild only. It’s completely up to the Grobbulus population how they want to do this.

Now you may ask since Grobbulus is an RP server how RP plays a role in this. To me the possibilities are endless. What I personally would like to see is RP short stories written before and after and posted to Grobbulus Reddit or the realm forums. RP of course is more than encouraged during as well. I would also love to see the talented content creators of Grobbulus record video and post it to the Grobbulus Reddit or the realm forums as well. RP based videos would be great but not required. My hope is for some really good RP content to come from this event, whether it be written or media.

When is this even going to occur you ask? It will begin on Saturday May 30 at 7pm server time. This will give guilds that may have raids etc planned enough time to reschedule them if they want to, and I hope they will. The goal is for it to last about an hour, but can of course go longer if people are still engaged and wanting to continue. I am hoping Both Alliance and Horde can put any differences aside they may have and work with their faction to make this event epic. The goal of this event is to bring the community together and hopefully encourage others to come up with RP/WPvP type of server events as well!

Make sure to share this thread in any Discords you may belong to that contains Grobbulus players in it! Hope to see you all there!

Edit: People who would like to stream the event are encouraged to do so, that way if there are fellow Grobbulites that can’t attend they still can view the event live if they choose to. The event isn’t about who wins are loses!

People of all levels are encouraged to attend!

Event Start Time: May 30, 2020 @ 7pm server time

Can’t wait