Grobbulus is a terrible server name

You would have thought they’d give the only RP-PvP server something attractive to call it by with a bit of mass appeal, but instead they gave all the best names to PvP servers.

I know some of you like the name in a fashion, differing taste and all, but I can already imagine telling my friends to roll on my server and their like “Ewww Grobbulus? I’d rather be on something cool like Whitemane instead, a popular character beloved by the franchise instead of an ugly Naxx boss no one talks about”.

Our server sounds like its an STD. I don’t know who in charge thought this would scream ‘Roleplay’.

11 Likes

Grobbulus sad now. Why you make fun of Grobbulus. Me no like you. SMASH!

EDIT: hsssssssssss hsssssssss (forgot to add his breather mask sound)

24 Likes

No its not.

9 Likes

LOL, who chooses server name over ruleset and location?

Itd be like me playing on an oceanic server just because its named after my warcraft waifu.

12 Likes

Kinda rhymes with “Grab your *ss” …lol

4 Likes

people who never made it to naxx, don’t like the realm name…

7 Likes

yea realm name is really a non issue especially since there is only one of our server type

1 Like

Man people in the RP PVE server complain about server location and RP PVP is the name. Cant win today i guess.

Personally i think being a Naxx boss is pretty Neat! Best name is still Ateish. 100% legendary Name

9 Likes

Give us RP-PVP, we don’t care about anything else!!!

Gets RP-PVP server

Proceeds to whine about hte name.

12 Likes

You know, I am happy we got the server. It is one of the ugliest bosses in the World of Warcraft. Sure Whitemane would have been awesome but you know we got give Grobbulus some love too.

We are the now the #Grobgang players of the world.
Let us go to Blizcon and show them our Grobgang love with our shirts, badges, and everything else that we can.

(Sure a cute name would have been nice, but the name is from a Naxx boss so and it is a classic name that no one will ever forget.)

3 Likes

Yes, for some people the name of a server is important. I and others I know choose it based on what sounds like something we’d have pride and affinity towards.

3 Likes

Complain.
About.
Everything.

10 Likes

Rp’ers are picky about things and something as simple as server name drives them crazy cause it may not fit into what they like when they think of Azeroth as a whole. In the end it doesn’t matter one bit.

1 Like

Chill…it’s a video game. With no CRZ you won’t even see your realm name once you log in.

Be thankful we even got an rppvp realm.

3 Likes

So I should just stay quiet and not use the forums for their intended purpose of informing Blizz of something I think they can do better? “Chill its a video game” says the guy with 3355 posts.

Traditionally the servers with the best names are the ones that are the most popular and vibrant. I care deeply about RP-PvP, and I don’t want it to become a ghost town over time because of something so stupid as a name that people gravitate away from.

6 Likes

Grobbulus enjoys your tears

14 Likes

It is a sad name.

2 Likes

Nice generalization after seeing one single thread :slight_smile: /s

RPers in general are pretty sad.

1 Like

Sure. The only RP-PVP server will be a ghost town because of the server name.

I believe!

1 Like