Grobbulus is a MEDIUM pop server. Why is there a 2 hour queue at 1200 PST?

Grobbulus is a MEDIUM pop server. Why is there a 2 hour queue at 1200 PST?

Makes sense that if the server pop says FULL, that the server would have a queue.

Makes zero sense that server labelled medium, woud have a 5000 person wait in line in the middle of the day thru the evening.

Because they’re two entirely different sets of measurements.

Server population relates to the number of characters on the server. As such, if its medium pop, it’s somewhere in the middle in terms of fullness.

But, queue time does not relate to the number of characters on a realm. The queue exists because so many characters are trying to connect at the same time. I.e: if the server is medium pop, but most of the characters are trying to play at the same time, the realm can’t support all those players at once.

2 Likes

Watcher said its because population numbers are calculated dynamically, e.g. a huge server with a 25k queue makes a server with a 2k queue a “medium” server by comparison. I have no idea why it would ever include queues in this calculation, but either way from his post it sounds like if it has a queue, it is not a medium server, it is full (at that time atleast).

I think the post was here, too bad they removed the classic general forum so now it doesn’t work…

People are staying logged in while they are at work, and blizzard is not kicking them off. That is what is driving up the que times to absurdity.