Grobbulus Classic - Population too low

It’s even less horde side

I unsubbed as well… why is Blizzard not mentioning anything at all?

1 Like

Unsubbed too. I’ll check back in but it feels like nothing is going to happen.

we miss you konzo :frowning:

Bump :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

Agreed. Connect DD with Grob and then connect with a regular PvP cluster.

2 Likes

Bumpppppp Blizzard help us in Grobbulus please.

1 Like

If they do not merge servers they could always do a cross server lfd/lfr/pvp queues. I kid, I kid. Butitwouldsolvesomeofit.

Last I checked grobb-H side on Classic, there’s only about 40 or so players, most of em lv 60, and none of them Rpers. IDK what Blizz was thinking keeping the RP servers separate for Classic only servers…

1 Like

I’m curious. If Blizzard did a large merge and say the one pvp or ove server ended up having 300 people, would that be enough by your expectations?

Just a guess on the number, based on how dead people say their servers are. 5 people on here, 12 people there. In the end, it sounds like the number wouldn’t be very high after a merge.

What population number would make you satisfied?

I think that it is fairly obvious that half the servers should be axed and merged together. Since Classic loyalists are a group with a correspondingly little voice now, it will be left unheard and drowned out by TBC concerns.

Hot take; but due to low populations, Grobb and DD should be turned into RP-PVE servers and then merge together with Bloodsail. They are RP servers, As IMO if you rolled on an RP-PVP server and don’t rp, then…looool You shouldnt of rolled on it. Should of rolled on the non rp servers or transferred to one before they did their copying and server connections.

I know ppl will reee bc MUH PVP!!11!!..but with how small the populations are on Grobb classic and DD classic, what PVP can you have when all you guys do is afk in SW/Org? PVP is non existant.

1 Like

I think most people would be fine with whatever the population turned out to be as long as there was some effort to bring the remaining classic players together. The reality is that there just aren’t that many people interested in playing classic so having them needlessly separated makes no sense. Its a already such a niche group playing classic that to think we need separate servers for the tiny percentage of players that roleplay is ridiculous. Why Blizzard is wasting resources hosting servers for such a small playerbase is beyond me but if they feel they must do it they should at least offer free transfers off this sunken ship.

4 Likes

This is the reason why I didnt pay for the copy. With blizzard in their blue posts saying “Rp servers will be seperate, we’re figuring something out! :)” and doing nothing, even after people PAID MONEY to copy their chars, then not offer any help or details of what the heck to do…the Classic versions of RP servers were DoA.

Most RPers don’t wanna stay on Classic due to the continuation of the main story (of TBC) and their own character’s story. As most of us see each patch (or inbetween patches) good times to do character and story arcs. Most players it seems on Horde side dont rp, and most that I knew that were sick of the pvp (and some toxic as heck players on both sides) of Grobb and just wanna RP, transferred to Bloodsail before transfers locked for prepatch+cloning.

Only reason id do Classic is for exploration of unused zones like Hyjal (as 2.0 brings in the ‘No man’s Land’ debuff and teleports players back to Winterspring. No fun allowed!) But beyond that…they really should of been grouped up together as a mega rp server, or connected to the appropriate timezone non rp servers.

tldr: I wanna know who ok’d the seperation of rp (and rp-pvp ) servers and give them a /bonk for not thinking ahead at the poor saps who paid for this scam and are now stuck on dead classic servers.

Having toons on Grob and DD, I would nix that. I’d rather have us connected with non-RP, PvP realms.

RP-PvP generally has a mix of RP and non-RP players (probably more non-RP).

If your argument is that the world is dead, then have BB become RP-PvP and then connect with us.

2 Likes

I dunno. It sounds like all the servers are dead. If you merge them all together, it doesn’t sound like the population is going to increase that much.

Yeah I don’t think we will ever see the population of a high pop server again but the other option is to host a bunch of unnecessary servers leaving the player base scattered and unable to even play something that resembles how the game was. Seems like a no brainer.

I play on Grobb as Horde. Please no cross realms it ruins the one world immersion. I hate it when I see players popping in and out of existence. Cross realms dont belong in Classic, Just merge the servers there are way too many anyway

1 Like

Merging would be nice too …

CRZ should be implemented for all classic severs along with LFG . There is no other way for the remaining players to play anymore .