Griefing has apparently been hotfixed

At least the biggest griefing method - kiting mobs and then scatter-feign deathing, blinding, etc - has been fixed. This according to mods on hardcore discord who are in contact with Blizzard devs. Now you won’t be killed by a mob getting kited unless you attack the mob or heal/buff the player doing the kiting. Before all the griefer had to do was scatter-feign and the mob would look around for something else to attack, such as levelers just minding their own business.

Major credit to Blizzard for hotfixing this.

10 Likes

the PTR is not a short one. I would guess that a lot of the griefer holes get plugged in that time.

2 Likes

They’ve already done a lot before the PTR even started. The big question in my mind is how they will deal with ddossers on official hc. They need an answer to that or hc official won’t be a success.

2 Likes

/seriouslygoodquestion

What do you mean? This is their fresh server solution

In reality that was the OG behavior and they just finally got around to fixing it. Its kinda about time. What had to happen before in OG vanilla is that the mob actually had to interact with maybe AE if it had that with other players OR friendly NPC’s in order to get the desired effect of causing terror.

The way its been working on ERA servers has been wrong for a long time, this was reported ages ago and blizzard per usual did zero.

2 Likes

Yea they keep taking all the fun outta wow. grats

Thanks. At least you can still make a level 10 rogue called “Goldtooth1” and hang out in the Fargodeep Mine all day. If anyone still falls for that they kinda deserve what they get.

2 Likes

I’m just going to level 20 alts and wipe deadmines groups on purpose

Whatta hunorless person you are.

It’s actually sad that you consider this degenerate behavior fun

Speaking of taking the fun out of things, that ‘ß’ character in your name is pronounced like an ‘S’ not a ‘B’ so your name is pronounced “NotSroken” so have fun with whatever that means.

3 Likes

In German orthography, the letter ß (lowercase), called Eszett (IPA: [ɛsˈtsɛt]) and scharfes S (IPA: [ˌʃaʁfəs ˈʔɛs], “sharp S”), represents the /s/ phoneme in Standard German when following long vowels and diphthongs. The letter-name Eszett combines the names of the letters of ⟨s⟩ (Es) and ⟨z⟩ (Zett) in German. The character’s Unicode names in English are sharp s [1] and eszett .[1] The Eszett letter is used only in German, and can be typographically replaced with the double-s digraph ⟨ss⟩, if the ß-character is unavailable. In the 20th century, the ß-character was replaced with ss in the spelling of Swiss Standard German (Switzerland and Liechtenstein), while remaining Standard German spelling in other varieties of German language

Yeah, he so edgy…

but what does NotSroken mean? a play on NotStroking?

/confused

I find that hard to believe … :wink:

2 Likes

get a life, blood elf demon hunter :expressionless:

2 Likes

you mean making it more fun? cause they didnt take any fun out