Grenades CC is improperly classified as both a stun and incapacitate

In vanilla, grenades were an incapacitate effect-- meaning you were "stunned " until you received any form of damage, then the effect was broken; ie. gouge, sap, repentance.

Skills that made you immune to incapacitate effects, such as berserker rage, would prevent you from being CC’d by a grenade. Skills such as blink (that break stuns), would allow you to teleport forward as normal, but the incapacitate effect would remain after you blinked, because it is not a stun.

Right now grenades are being erroneously resisted by talents/abilities/items that grant stun immunity, and they are causing diminishing returns to both controlled stuns and incapacitate brackets, simultaneously. Berserker rage is correctly giving immunity to the effect, blink currently is incorrectly breaking the effect.

tl;dr - Iron grenades incapacitate, not stun. Right now they are simultaneously stunning and incapacitating together.

7 Likes

Good pickup

1 Like

Would this be why a Hunter can be immune to a grenade. Never see this before and I have played the game for far to long.

Orc stun resist being applied to grenades is completely illogical…

2 Likes

bump cause it’s still happening

1 Like

Everything is still happening. I’m starting to wonder if we’ll ever see a bugfix patch. I think they’re just hoping to ride this out without spending a dime on supporting it so it’s all profit.

vanish bug vs npcs got fixed recently. this hasn’t even been looked at.

From what I read this is what they intended to do but it did nothing.

This bug is still happening after all this time and countless reports, same with the Imp’s improved firebolt talent only reducing the cast time to 1.5s instead of 1s. I have no idea why the in game reports and forums are being simultaneously ignored.

Yeah they obviously have the bare-minimum skeleton crew assigned to this game. It was supposed to be an easy way to bring in suckers like me to sub again without having to spend much at all on development since all the content was made. Just barely port it to the BFA client and call it a day while you count our money.

1 Like

How is it even possible this still hasn’t been fixed? It’s honestly mindblowing how many reports in-game and on here are being ignored on this.

Grenades != incapacitate & stun simultaneously.
Grenades = incapacitate, or Grenades = Stun

1 Like

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_1.11.0

Engineering

• Grenades and Mortars now are set to use the “Controlled Stun” mechanic so using grenades in conjunction with other stuns (such as Hammer of Justice) may give you diminishing returns.

That still means it’s bugged because it’s being flagged as an incapacitate and stun. When it should only be a stun after patch 1.11

2 Likes

Bump, actually really frustrating.

Sure, but it completely changes the context of this discussion. Read the OP, this thread is now irrelevant and a new one should be made.

Read the title of the post, if you’re confused. “Grenade CC is improperly classified as both a stun and an incapacitate.”

I have no idea what private servers chose to do, but in vanilla, grenades were an incapacitate, and berserker rage broke the effect. Right before TBC released they changed the CC classification to a controlled stun, and removed the other CC effects, not kept both. If blizzard for whatever reason decided to use the version that came prior to tbc, instead of the one that existed throughout vanilla, then it should no longer be an incapacitate. It was, at no point of time, ever BOTH effects at once.

How about I read the content of your post instead? You think they should be treated as an incapacitate, they should be treated as a stun. The entire premise of your initial post is wrong, edit it or make a new thread.

7 months before TBC is not right before TBC.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_1.11.0

Engineering

• Grenades and Mortars now are set to use the “Controlled Stun” mechanic