Green Orc Shaman

Hey guys.

For any green skin shamans out there. Wanna hear your thoughts.

Currently thinking up a back story for my main who is an orc shaman. But I’m curious what others might have done with their characters, specifically, did you drink the Kool-aid, how does your character fit into all that big WC lore.

My guy is an old orc who was born on Draenor and was fairly young when all the events happened leading up to the dark portal and all that.

Wondering if there are any orc shaman out there who are into having a back story. What was your character up to? Did they drink the blood of mannoroth? did they get into warlock magic? Did they bail or stick around?

Hope you’re all having a good day

Cheers,

I think its a long deleted character at this point, but pretty sure I had an Orc Shaman.
I love the idea of Orc Characters that participated in the First, Second and Third Wars. That they were old enough to remember the events, and then grappling with the guilt that came with it (Or reveling in it if they were depraved enough).

Was an Orc that was raised as a Shaman, and held a connection to the elements. Before the First War, followed Gul’dan and Ner’zhul’s lies into becoming Warlocks and drinking the Blood of Mannoroth. Felt the effects of the Sundering of Outland when Gul’dan severed the connection to the Elements, but was too wrapped up in the fel to realise what it meant.

Did a lot of atrocious things in the Blood Lust during the First War. Participated in the Second War, and went to an internment camp where he had a lot of time to reflect in his lethargy.

When Thrall recalled the Horde at the beginning of the Third War, he rallied to the call and traveled to Kalimdor. He had long stopped using fel at that point, and was distraught that the elements no longer heeded his call. Still, he made himself useful as a Grunt, and fought across the Barrens, Stonetalon, Ashenvale, and finally upon the slopes of Mount Hyjal.

In the years afterwards, he attempted to atone for his sins with the elements of a new world. Slowly, he reformed a connection. Promising to not forsake the elements again, he devoted his life to the path of Restoration. If he could not heal the Elements of Draenor, he would heal those of Azeroth.

I don’t think I planned past Vanilla, but he probably would have travelled back to Outland to redeem himself in the eyes of the Furies, then participated as a Healer for Wrath-Current. Cataclysm and BFA probably would have been big times for him to work with the elements, and maybe he would have done some stuff in WoD (I.e. “I couldn’t save the elementals of Draenor from becoming defiled in my timeline, but I will do everything I can do defend them here” or something).

1 Like

I think the problem is that the events of the blood, the war with the draenei and the opening of the portal/the events of the first war were so long ago now that you’re forced to play a very old orc.

Most orcs running around now would be born in the camps or after. The major event in their life would probably be Garrosh and the siege of Orgrimmar.

My orc rogue was basically a child soldier that really drank the Garrosh coolaide and manned the walls at Orgirmmar until news came that the warchief was captured alive. Existential crisis and nearly a decade of living as an outlaw in the wilds of Kalimdor ensued.

1 Like

Thats pretty much it.

Even with the revised timeline (The Dark Portal opening to the Orcs sacking Stormwind was originally like 10-20 years of the Orcs vibing in the Black Morass before being retconned to happening right away), the orcs that experienced Draenor would have been at youngest around 31 by the start of World of Warcraft. (As Orcs would begin training at 6 years old: The Warlocks magically aged many between 6 and 12 up to teen/adult. Wow takes place at 25years after the Dark Portal. Since we’re in year 40 now, the youngest would be at least mid-40s, which is middle age for an Orc. Most of them would be 50-70.

In universe its a large part of why Garrosh was so loved: Many of the First/Second War Orcs were ashamed of what they did and still wanted to atone. Those born in the internment camps and later were frustrated that they essentially had sins of the father and wanted to reclaim the glory they heard occured in Draenor.

It’s an interesting dynamic, and I feel like it doesn’t get explored enough. I know they went with Alt-Draenor for playable Mag’har for many reasons, but I feel like it removed an interesting opportunity for the Orcs to view different sides of the same conflict.