Greater ember of fyr'alath drop?

Yeah what they DON’T add is that while there’s an indication the lesser dose something, the greater seems broken ATM. There’s a wowhead article linked from a CM that tells the whole issue. I have a greater I haven’t used yet because no one seems to know what’s going on with them.

The greater is a guaranteed drop from all difficulties from Fyrakk for DKs, Pallies, and Warriors as a bad luck protection for the legendary quest starter.

People didn’t like that they felt bad luck protection was fake…… so now we have a lootable item to show us when it increases.

I hope blizz retroactively gives folks that have used theirs their correct bad luck protection. It’s a big feels bad otherwise

1 Like

I used a greater ember last night but I noticed when I used the script from the wowhead post to try and track how many I’ve used the result was “0.”

1 Like

Im surprised they made a post detailing how it works but wont make a post saying “hey, its busted. Dont use your Greater yet” or even acknowledge whats going on with the greater

1 Like

I’m hoping for an acknowledgement soon on whether it’s working as intended or not, on the Community Manager post someone linked them the wowhead post and asked them to confirm it is working. Ideally they are testing it now and will report back.

Well the info in that script might not even be accurate, as I’ve used both a Greater and Lesser but the return variables only have one change (‘discovered’ being flagged true).

EDIT: It’s also worth noting that both items cast the exact same spell. Given that we weren’t able to directly track the server-side progress on the evoker’s bad luck protection with any client-side scripts, I would assume the same is true here. However, the fact they use the same spell seems to indicate that they provide the same increase per-use and the “Greater” is only named as such because it is a guaranteed drop from Fyrakk on any difficulty for your first weekly kill.

2 Likes

That is true. On the other hand, I don’t know enough about coding to be able to discern how easy it would be for the dataminers to know which hidden currency to be looking for with their script.

If the evoker BLP was undetectable you could also be correct that they made it unavailable client side completely to avoid the use of addons like Legendary Progress Tracker from Legion.

2 Likes

Yeah, and because of the untrackability of the evoker’s version of this, I’m not really placing much merit in the article referenced in this CC post.

That being said, even if it is bugged it’s not like they’re going to make a fix that isn’t retroactive. They know how bad that would look. Use the items and don’t worry.

2 Likes

This was my hope and expectation as well. Happy hunting for your Fyr’alath, Warrior!

1 Like

Something to note:

I got a greater ember off normal Fyrakk this week, and then again on Heroic Fyrakk.

Not sure what that means, or if that add together or if I only got it a second time due to the increased difficulty etc.

I got one on Heroic. I’ve read that they are guaranteed drops for the 3 classes on EACH difficulty from Fyrakk. Whether you can run just Heroic, or run all 3 in any order is yet to be seen.

that’s what id like clarification on… would rather not do it on LFR/ normal / heroic every week if we don’t need to lol

1 Like

So basically it works almost exactly like the evoker legendary. They just added BLP day one lmao. We heard you loud and clear but are making absolutely no changes because we looove RNG.

I got one too, and i havent used it… just sitting in my bag. If people are using it, and nothing is happening then i’ll just store it in my bag until then… unless … I cant get another until i use the first one??

Has anyone seen or heard confirmation on if it’s bugged/fixed? I got one but am just sitting on it, don’t want to waste :confused:

It’s basically just bad luck protection for the legendary.

From what i read you need to use a script to see what it actually does.

Its entire purpose is to make you feel better when you click it. Whether it does less or more than that is just siphistry

Can someone confirm that you can loot more than one on the last boss by doing each difficulty ?