Great....So happy

Like everyone else my life has changed a lot in 15 years. My wife was pregnant with our child, we stayed home a lot and we played WoW. It was inexpensive entertainment. A great value.

We played every part of the game possible from Raiding to competitive PVP up through wrath of the lich King. We left at the end of lich King, we’ve been back a couple times to play with friends but it’s never been the same.

I attributed that to it was just a different time in my life, to maybe the people I was playing with. I looked at vanilla with these very rose colored glasses and felt it was just bias.

This is a much better game than your current game. The magic of logging into the elwynn forest and actually dying to kobolds in the mine was just a blast. The people seem to behave better too.

I’m just feeling really grateful today for being able to relive that experience with my daughter, who wasn’t even born yet when we first played. Our family had so much fun.

Please give my sincere thanks to everyone in the company who helped bring this to reality. This was the best MMO ever made. It isn’t close. The classic experience captures the magic of it. Thank you thank you thank you.

My fourteen-year-old daughter said I get it now I understand why people talk about this game being so good when it was released. Don’t mess this up Blizzard. You are back on top again congratulations

27 Likes

So far its safe to say Classic is steaming ahead. My friend who hates current year WoW is so back on board.

5 Likes

The title implied another post complaining about something. I’m actually glad I clicked on this. Good post.

7 Likes

Very heartwarming post. I remember when my wife was pregnant with her son (it was her boyfriend’s son, not mine) and we still raided and quested in WoW together.

Now, 15 years later my wife, her new boyfriend, and her son and I all play WoW and are having a blast.

3 Likes

This game saved my life. Everyone had told me how horrible it was and crazy things that happened or horrible things that happened to those that played this game, but when I played it I was at a really dark place in life and it really helped me.

My Mom, she passed away last year, had actually tried to connect with me back then, I was in my early 20s and she was an extrovert, I was and still am, an introvert. She went out and bought this game to play with me. Three months game time, and played Vanilla with me back then until her laptop puttered out.

I cried today when I walked into Brill. It was like being at home, and seeing her undead warrior again playing with me for that short period. This game is truly amazing, and the people are coming home to it. I hope they don’t ruin this.

7 Likes

Is this game available on PS4? Serious question. I haven’t looked into and am to lazy to open a new browser tab.

Thank you for sharing that, I’m feeling similar things.

1 Like

we’ve been conditioned this way by years of salt on GD. Sarcasm is assumed almost every time lol.

I’m so glad to see more positive threads this morning. People have had a chance to delve in and really feel classic IMO.

Cheers OP!:clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

I only have 1 goal left in retail and that’s to finish leveling my void elf for that heritage armor and maybe casually mess around at 120 and get flying. I do this in hopes that Retail gets fixed next expansion… For now my focus is classic.

1 Like

Someone needs to pin the OP.

My own first-time experience with Classic has prompted me to not only extend my sub but actually transfer my time to Classic more. I like having the feel of progression, I like the fact my character is getting stronger and the mobs are not, and how I can pick and choose training to tailor the character I want to play.

Best of all, I feel like what levels I’ve reached, what gear I’m wearing, and what coin I’m carrying is hard earned, not gifted.

3 Likes

Dude, we get it.

1 Like

So happy for you and your daughter!
Classic has been a magical experience so far.
It’s wonderful to interact with other players and build friendships rather than just being another random on LFR/LFG.
Brill is a thriving place again and I couldn’t be happier.

1 Like

I’m so glad that other people are getting hit in the feels too. For some reason it makes it even better knowing other people are feeling similarly.

1 Like

After reading this, I had no choice but to bump this thread. Good read during a boring day at the office.

Now if only my wife can get into this game. =)

2 Likes

Also my daughter, “Everyone keeps casting spells on me everywhere I go, they are so nice”

1 Like

It is great, thorns and all. Every little detail …you can control. Every little thing matters.

1 Like