Graveyard Camping in AV Nerfed?

Both sides, I’ve seen the exact same situation happen to the Alliance. It shouldn’t happen either way, if you’re pushed back like that the game should just end without the final boss kill and honor from it.

I 100% agree. The cave guards should be able to mop the floor with anyone trying to graveyard camp the zone in caves and a little bit further since you can’t recall while indoors.
Just end the match. No need to make things miserable for the other team.

1 Like

I suggest turning all the guards into HWL Saurfang. see what happens

2 Likes

Considering that was us, and we didn’t do it for honor… no, it won’t.

This was in response to cave camping.

It is not griefing to gy camp in AV to prevent the other team from opposing you.

It is not griefing to have part of the team camp the cave while the rest of them goes for the drek/van kill

What IS griefing is camping the cave for several hours with no efforts to win the battleground. Unlike open-world pvp, there’s no option to go to a different zone or get others to come in and stop the camp. The only option is to /afk and get the deserter debuff, because there are no other graveyards to corpsewalk to. This means on top of the 30 min horde queues, it prevents them from doing AV for almost an hour. This isn’t pvp, this is griefing, because at this point you’re not “winning”, you’re actually preventing someone from playing the game.

This is a fix to something that does NOT have a PvP solution.

7 Likes

Just /afk out, or hearth, or log off. What’s the problem? People joined a BG and got waxed. Why should Blizzard step in to make it all a little softer? Nobody has to go into a BG and certainly nobody has to stay when being camped.

1 Like

Stay as a ghost and don’t accept the rez.
/afk out

The only difference between this and camping a GY in the world is that the engagement is limited to 40vs40.

Imagine joining a (supposedly) PvP battleground and being upset you lost the PvP and aren’t allowed to live.

You’re part of the problem obviously, if you can’t see it.

Telling someone to /afk, hearth, or log, is telling them to stop playing the game. It is not in blizzards interest, or anyone’s interest, to stop playing the game. That is the definition of griefing: behavior that’s discourages from playing. The superbowl wouldn’t be nearly so interesting if one team won by default because they prevented the other from even showing up; Same goes for wow. If your strategy is to stop the other side from playing, to prevent them from competing, then you’re griefing, and you’re just complaining you’re not allowed to act like a jerk to others.

Blizz isn’t handing wins to people, or “softening the game” with this. They are not obligated to make it easier. But they are obligated to ensure the game is playable. Cave camping makes it unplayable.

4 Likes

So is graveyard camping them and telling to log off, wait for their PvP flag to fall off, or to swap to an alt.

Yet that’s exactly how Blizzard handled it in the past.

Wrong. If it’s open world, they have the option of going to a different zone, or calling in reinforcements. That’s not stopping them from playing the game, because it’s impossible to deny them the entire open world. That’s not an option in AV. You don’t get to deny a part of the game from someone.

3 Likes

I seriously think you have underestimated the line you are bragging about crossing. Serious question, please answer honestly. Did you play Vanilla wow?

1 Like

Not quite the same. The enemy team showed up. We just beat them.

No, they don’t. If you run to another zone and accept the rez there, you get ported back to the GY nearest to your body.

I mean, that’s basically how PvP works. There is inevitably someone who loses.

No - I’m telling them to stop playing the BG instance they are feeling trapped in.

I am not under that impression at all.

I feel that a community driven model would be an improvement over the current, and likely the best mitigation if we didn’t trust the company to make the game right.

The potential is there because it working for another game in a similar situation and that game is growing because of it. It seems like the most attractive option out of any that have been presented from my point of view.

It works as long as you agree this the majority.

Blizzard better reverse this change it goes against what vanilla was all about. They better be scared that we don’t revolt against them for this betrayal.

Imagine protecting filthy casuals. This is how we got retail.

I’ve updated the text of the hotfix to more accurately describe it:

Alterac Valley

• Spirit Guides in the starting caves now apply Honorless Target to the players they resurrect.

This tweak didn’t have any impact on graveyards in AV. Just the starting caves, where it was possible for a steady stream of new-to-that-instance players to keep spawning into an unfortunate situation.

30 Likes

Sorry not trying to be a wisenheimer but I don’t know what that profile means. I don’t recall Area 52 being one of the Vanilla servers to be honest. I thought it came out much much later. I get you played retail but did you play vanilla?

I only ask not to start some debate, but share some info on how Blizzard might react moving forward. I saw how this all played out the first time and I don’t see it going any differently this time around.

If you truly value your premades you might want to stop this practice of GY camping or else face the wrath of the constant Blizzard intervention. Once they realize the nerfed honor isn’t going to stop you they will come up with other “inventive” solutions to “fix” the “problem.”

Nobody wants that.

An unwanted change and lazy solution at best.

5 Likes

UX world lit, advocating consumer collaboration for sure. I just dont see it for WoW. Never mind asking the forums to order lunch, when you’ll get twenty tangents about what lunch should mean, and if lunch is OPd.

3 Likes