Grats, pve gear wins the day again

I love fighting 37k locks with heroic CN gear. That’s amazing. Might as well bring back templates

18 Likes

Hard pass on templates.

Better solution would be to allow us to upgrade honor gear to 196 earlier.

34 Likes

Meanwhile Tuesday i’ll be the highest Ilvl guy in my raid thanks to PvP cause we get like 2 drops per bosses while PvP is guaranteed 220-226 gear.

10 Likes

imagine losing to locks who are horribly optimized for pvp

5 Likes

Ugh. Templates were soooo boring. And are locks really giving you that much an issue right now? I feel like too many people are of a “big health=scary” mentality.

1 Like

You haven’t fought a decent one

4 Likes

That lock probably has like 7% versatility too. The 40% increase on offensive power is pretty damn good when your versa gets into the 20s.

Beats having people in 210 gear while many are in 185

1 Like

People that have put in more effort deserve a gear advantage though.

1 Like

Okay but the situation where they both have that item level in addition to getting vers on the majority of it is incredibly low.

20% vers minimum is the norm now, and a 40% increase to the offensive side of that is not a small amount of damage. It’s getting to the point where the trinket set bonus is +10% damage to EVERYTHING which is huge.

Edit: And the defensive side of vers vs. the extra health from item level. The lock was probably rocking 5% vers, and 2.5% damage redux. Where he could have 22% vers, and 11% redux.

9% damage reduction is far more survivability than 6k health.

3 Likes

Is that the philosophy though.

Wrong, a better solution would be to bring back pvp power/resilience or make the 2 set bonus on the trinket give a FLAT 40-50% vers and require ALL sinful gear to activate.

18 Likes

I’m all for a dedicated PVP stat. Been advocating this since it was taken away after WoD.

That flat boost to versatility would more than likely backfire by causing deep dampening games which no one wants.

how does that pvp trinket bonus work again? I read the tool tip today while doing some random bgs and like. It says 40% increase to damage and healing ? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Better solution is to leave the 2 piece trinket bonus as it is, but give 1-additional honor talent when you are in full PvP gear including trinkets.

5 Likes

23 days left. Renown 22 for upgrading gear to 197 is a joke. Whoever did that at Blizzard needs to be fire for such decision.

9 Likes

You mean when there wasn’t any PvP and PvP trinkets didn’t even work in PvP. Hard no thanks there. At no point is Templates ok. You signed up for a gear based game (RPG). Git Gud and get gear.

3 Likes

Versa is sooo overrated. This isn’t BFA. There is no Conflict. Versa has the worst stat weight of any stat and is meant to “amplify” a build not be stacked. The PvP trinket bonus is garbonzo. Better to hit CORE stat break points on Crit/Mastery/Haste and rock some PvE trinkets and YEET.

Versa now has a hard cap of diminishing value too. So it doesn’t exactly scale at the same efficiency for all classes.

Dunno who these kids are that hate on PVP templates, everyone I know in Legion loved them

Probably the same kids who abuse PVE gear/trinkets

10 Likes