Graphics settings not sticking on login

So here is what’s up… when I login to the game it looks like there is no Anti Aliasing, and the graphics are just poor. If I modify ANY setting and hit Apply – it immediately looks better.

I have to do this on every login. Now I just toggle Vertical Sync on and off and then hit Apply and all my graphics look great again.

Anybody else have this issue?

First off I would definitely set your window size to like 2024x or somewhere around there. That should help the a lot. I know it’s not related to your question but it may help with other things. Also see if you drive permission allows writing, if not it could be preventing the files to be updated.

My monitor resolution does not support that… This is a Hackintosh. Everything else is great, FPS is high and performance is amazing. Just that nitpicky bug in the beginning.

I did check drive permission and it has full disk access <3

Rae you using open core for your hackintosh? Also perhaps an updated graphics driver?

Yep, OC. Can’t update graphics driver…its AMD Vega 64. The issue lies with something else with WoW… guess I’ll try a reinstall

Solved my issue. This is a bug with how WoW reads the “Default” resolution.

When I specify my res as the 2560x1440 it sticks and always looks good. When I leave it to default, it will scale 1920x1080 up, so it looks bad.

I have this same issue on a m1 mbp. I have a 4k display that I scale to 1080p. When I login to the game the text is very low res. If I disable vsync it immediately sharpens the text. Worse than that I want to keep the resolution at 2560x1440 and between games launches it will not keep that resolution. I’ve tried SET gxResolution “2560x1440” in the Config.wtf, but that does not seem to take either.

1 Like