Graphics Issue or normal?

I created this topic in the tech support section but I always have trouble getting someone to respond- maybe one the tech savy users here can help me! :smiley:

I want to double check to make sure this is ‘normal’. When I am walking/flying - objects will load as I move forward obviously. My concern is, there are very small details/objects/textures that load once I am VERY close in proximity and my first thought is maybe this should have loaded from very far away since I have long range distance settings.

Is it normal to have smaller objects/textures load once very close in proximity? While others load from farther away? My graphics setting overall is a 7 or 8, same with the distance setting. I have a 2080 Super, and I did a DDU uninstall of my previous card drivers when I installed the new card. This issue was happening with my old card as well but again, I want to make sure this is normal because it seems kind of strange to me why a lot of objects do not load until I am almost right next to it.

Thank you,

Is your game installed on a hard drive or SSD?

Could be that if you are on a hard drive, its too slow to load the information and your GPU is waiting on it before it loads up images.

No hard drive, i have a PCIe M.2. Maybe just reinstalling the game would help?

If you could every object from a long distance, it would slow your computer down.