Got the same conduit thrice today

So I did the 3 Revendreth callings today. Opened the first bag, sweet, Shivering Core, 200 ilvl conduit. Opened the second one, and got the same one. Silly me, should have learnt it beforehand, oh well.

Learnt it, deleted the duplicate, opened the third bag, Shivering Core again, 200 ilvl. This happened on the character I am posting from, just now.

Edit: It was my last conduit at 184 ilvl. Related maybe?

Just had the same thing happen on my lock got double Fel Comandos, both same iLvl

So, what you HAVE to do, in order to not get duplicate conduits, is…

1. Learn any conduits in your bag (THIS IS IMPORTANTE!), the conduits in your bags are not conduits you have learned. So you are still in a position to earn duplicate conduits until you learn it at the forge.
  2. Collect 1st calling rewards from the quest giver.
  3. Open 1st calling rewards.
  4. (DO NOT SKIP) Learn any conduits you’ve received from 1st calling rewards at the forge.
  5. Collect 2nd calling rewards. Repeat 3 and 4 if necessary.

Collecting multiple calling rewards means you risk collecting duplicate conduits–the rewards inside are set when you turn in.

I had a similar “bug” today. I can’t figure out what I could have done wrong, and all I got from my ticket was the blanket “You can get a duplicate until you learn it” statement.

The kicker is there were no conduits in my inventory when I started. I always open the forge to make sure I can’t learn anything from my bags before I open my calling chests. (I’ve made this mistake and gotten duplicates this way in the past. Lesson learned.)

Opened the first (of three) chests and went to learn the conduit only for it to tell me that I already learned it. The other two chests luckily were not duplicates, but it’s bugging me because that’s not supposed to happen.

The only other thing I’ve done today with the soul forge is upgrading some conduits using the item from Ve’nari. Not sure if that could have had anything to do with it or not.

It isn’t a bug. You have to learn the conduit or take the chance of getting multiple of them, until you do learn them. Once learned, you will not receive that conduit again. If you get a conduit in a calling reward chest, learn it prior to opening any other calling reward chests.

1 Like

Not even opening. You have to learn it before turning in for another calling and collecting the chest! If the chest is in your bag when you learn a conduit at the forge, there is still a chance you will get the same conduit you just learned! The inventory in the chest is dead set when you turn in the calling.

Poorly thought out system for sure.

Guess having the game check your bags for that item is to hard a thing for the current devs. Or its just more “time played” metric going up for them since you get to spend more time trying to get another upgrade.

I know i can get the same conduit if i hadn’t learnt it. What wasn’t clear until I made this post apparently is that the calling chest locks the loot when you receive it instead of when you open it. Pretty poorly thought if you ask me. Nevermind the fact that it should not give you a conduit you already have in your bags, although come to think of it, the great vault happily gives me the exact same item i have already equipped :rolleyes: