Got into Classic Beta, but received BFA Beta/no beta at all?

I got an email from Blizz telling me I’d gotten into Classic Beta, but when I checked my BNet app, I do NOT have the classic beta option. However, as of yesterday, I DO have “Beta: Battle for Azeroth” in my dropdown menu for WoW (until sometime last night, I did not have this option). I installed it to see if it was the classic beta, but no; it is the BFA beta client with ‘access’ to dead BFA beta servers. I’m wondering if I was selected for classic beta (according to the email, I was) but was given access to the incorrect beta? Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this; any help about where to direct my issue would be super appreciated.

1 Like

Um, does it tell you to qualify by inputting your password and login? If so, it’s a phish.

Nope, it’s from blizzard and directs me to the Battlenet app. Seems entirely legit and official.

Seems sketchy to me.

Does it show any indication when you visit your Account Page that you are in the Classic Beta?

https://account.blizzard.com/games

No, it shows my regular BFA account, an old starter account, and two Legion PTR accounts (WoW1 and WoW6). If they applied the incorrect beta, though, I’m not sure it would show up there.

Do you still have the old Battle for Azeroth beta installed on your system, Gina? If I had to guess you have the Classic Beta, but the old BFA beta might be causing some confusion with the labeling.

Try uninstalling the BFA beta if you have it still.

Just to confirm, you did receive the Classic Beta flagging, so it is legitimate.

7 Likes

I didn’t have the beta installed before I ran into this problem, but I did still have the directory folder for it containing screenshots I took during the beta (I did install the beta last night, just to see if it was going to boot up the classic client, despite its mislabeling; it did not). Now I’ve uninstalled the beta and deleted that old directory screenshot folder, restarted the computer, logged in and out of battlenet. It still shows up as “Beta: Battle for Azeroth.”

I did try logging onto the battlenet app on my girlfriend’s computer, and the Classic Beta option WAS there in place of the BFA Beta. I’d still vastly prefer to get it installed on my own computer, though. Should I try reinstalling the battlenet app?

That is probably a good idea. If you continue to have trouble I’d recommend visiting the Technical Support forum for additional troubleshooting.

3 Likes

Okay, all set. Reinstalling the Blizzard App did the trick. Thanks for your help!

9 Likes