Goodbye Madseason

He was one of the good ones…:frowning:

103 Likes

Remind me why I should care about streamers leaving.

36 Likes

I don’t really care about streamers usually, but I did like Madseason.

30 Likes

Hes more of a youtuber, and he made some really great content on class picking, profession picking, etc, that many players have come across and enjoyed.

Its less about him leaving specifically, and more about the reason - blizzard has bastardized retail and is working on doing the same to classic. They are currently profiting off of bots 58 boosting, and then banning them in about 2 weeks. The purposefully let the bots stay profitable, but then ban them to cash in on another boost account. It won’t be long before we have the wow token + group finder to fully integrate blizzard approved boosting into the game.

sad but true point that he makes in his last video - why do we, the players, have to fight with blizzard to have them not destroy the game.

86 Likes

I’ve actually heard of Madseason, but I still don’t care that he is leaving.

6 Likes

Who?

14 Likes

That’s how I feel although yeah he’s more of a Youtuber.

My favorite video of his is the one about his rank 14 grind. I have liked a lot of his stuff though.

I also find it funny how he mocked people who make fun of his voice in one of his videos.

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t care to the point where I’ll quit the game over it (or would for any content producer). I haven’t even watched his video that this is about.

I can’t say I’m happy at all with a lot of the recent stuff though.

2 Likes

totally agree :100:

I feel like most of us are probably thinking the same. I am in one of the largest guilds on my server and everyone is kind of over TBC already.

3 Likes

Because at this point, Blizzard is in full on short term thinking mode. WoW is long in the tooth, so they’re squeezing the last out of it before it’s done. Which is sad because Classic could have been a chance to do things over.

8 Likes

rip

still gonna play BC though but he is right

10 Likes

Not much of a fan. I did see some of his videos a long time ago, something like little known areas of Azeroth or whatever.

I think he had a few of that style, “10 things you didn’t know about WoW.”

Anyway, while I don’t personally subscribe nor actively watch his stuff, I don’t particularly think that content creators leaving WoW is a particularly great sign, in general.

I do think it’s good for people to explore other games, but it’s unfortunate so many seem to have already lost hope in the direction that WoW seems to be going.

3 Likes

I mean, can you blame them? A lot of people came back thinking that Classic would be “pure”. While Classic was for the most part, they’ve clearly abandoned that with TBC.

15 Likes

No. Which is perhaps the most unfortunate part of it all.

8 Likes

I think the writing is clear on the wall for WoW. All the big content creators leaving, short term cash grabs, new MMOs coming out, and declining playerbase. Now blizz just had a big scandal come out which doesn’t help. It’s coming to an end soon and anyone who doesn’t think so is incredibly delusional

17 Likes

Another one that will be back. Just clout chasing.

I like how everyone is “who cares” and I agree but these dudes mostly play this game or make content for it so they can make a living.

Imagine being a small time streamer that creates content around 1 game and apparently they dislike it so much they rather risk giving up what makes their channel than to continue playing.

As said, yea its just another dude quitting, but at the end it also points out that there must be something wrong with the product they basically advertise for.

31 Likes

While it certainly doesn’t seem like a good spot for WoW atm, depending on how they handle these things, I feel like it is possible for them to turn it around.

Note that my opinion is possible not probable.

2 Likes

Hate to admit but Mad and Bill we’re right about TBC; I should have listened guys. You told me so.

9 Likes